1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disney Star Wars

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Clancularius, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

You probably have heard about Disney buying Lucasarts, now they own Star Wars and I was wondering what other people thought about Disney buying Star Wars.

2. Doctorlysomethn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Just as long as the characters don't start singing and dancing within the movie, I honestly don't mind :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Disney has produced a lot of amazing movies, it's just that a lot of the time, people hear the name and instantly think of the cliche movies that it's famous for :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and hope that the new Star Wars movie will actually be a masterpiece and not flop :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :lol: XD

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Disney has gone a superb direction right now. They're doing very well with the Marvel movies, which clearly shows that they can be cautious with a franchise. And I trust that they're planning every step of these new movies very, very thoroughly. I'm really excited for it.

4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I think it's better off this way, if they have to make more movies I prefer that a different company has creative control since I'm not so big a fan of the direction lucas took the series in the prequels. The new movies have alot of potential though like everything else Disney has done lately I bet people will surround them with an unrealistic amount of hype. Even though I still have mixed feelings about going right into a whole new trilogy I'll wait for the trailer before saying anything else.

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It means we get a Death Star with Mickey ears.

The only thing I don't like about Disney's purchase is that now we get the cutesiest of toys. I get that the Ewoks and Jar Jar are both pretty much pure merchandising potential for kids, but even more serious elements have been flanderized. Star Wars is a franchise where people get limbs severed and billions of people get vaporized!! Hardly a children's series even as fantastical as it is.

6. BornAnew

Not too worried as Kathleen Kennedy is overseeing it and she's a great producer. Also Disney tried to keep Marvel intact & they have kept it thematically intact (even if I find 90% of marvel movie output drab and mediocre).

I hope the dark elements of the Star Wars movies won't be lost due to this move. Guess we'll find out.

Wish Disney would focus on getting its animation side back up to scratch.

7. SpaceJayce

I'm sure that Disney will take into account the Star Wars fan base when making the movies. Besides -- even if it sucks, it's better than nothing.

8. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

I'm a little annoyed that Disney has said that the expanded universe in no longer valid story.

9. Holly82

Whatever gets Star Wars out of the hands of George Lucas.

10. shinji

shinji Guest

Gave up on Star-Wars when they botched up The Clone Wars (one that was running on CN, before...this new cgi version appeared). Not that i don't like it but, not holding my breath for anything groundbreaking.

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The Empire Strikes Back and The Return of the Jedi are my favorite films, in the Star Wars library. Yoda is my favorite character, especially in these films. The prequels made him really serious, like, too much. While most people associate Yoda with power and wisdom, often times they forget, he was a clown on Dagobah, when Luke first landed there.

As for the newer material. I wasn't too thrilled on Episodes I-III. Sure, Episode I had Darth Maul and the pod-racing scenes, but that shouldn't be what carries an entire film. Episode II had Yoda dueling, which was awesome. The rest of Episode II, though, seems pretty forgettable to me. Now, Episode III is my favorite of the prequels, but that isn't saying much. The most memorable scene to me, in the third prequel, was Anakin's 'death march' during the Great Jedi Purge. Very epic scene, and very well done.

I'm expecting a mediocre film, with the seventh entry. I could be wrong, and I'd like to be, though. The seventh film, might just, stand above Episodes I-III. But with Yoda, Darth Vader, and Boba Fett dead, there isn't anybody left I really liked. There is hope with Boba Fett, though, since he does survive in the Expanded Universe.