1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JLA vs The Avengers

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Clancularius, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

From a young age I was a huge super hero fan, and with the recent announcement of the justice league movie and avengers age of ultron. I decided to ask who do you like more and who you think would win if they fought.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hahah, I have no idea. :lol: I really loved the Avengers, but I would have to expose myself to the Justice League to form any of the opinions you require.

I definitely believe in the use of physical force to protect the innocent and correct evil. (*hug*)

Speaking of which, I am reminded I need to go to the gym tonight. ^^

~ Adrienne

3. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

In terms of movies I prefer marvel's stuff so far to dc's

In terms of characters I also tend to prefer Marvel with a few exceptions such as batman

In terms of comics I don't read comics

4. Quiet Raven

Agree 100%. Lol.

I'll just add though, that I prefer DC's stuff for TV shows.

And as for who would win in a fight... I think I would go with JLA. I mean they have some really powerful heroes, and batman, who is a master tactition.

Avengers does have Hulk though...

5. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

As for who'd win in a fight I've gotta hand it to the Justice League since their team is larger overall and some of their heroes have ambiguous and inconsistant powerlevels. (SUPERMAN) >_>

Save for maybe Hulk and Thor I can't see the avengers posing as too big a challenge for the JLA.

6. White Knight

I say Avengers will be better if DC/Warner Bros continue their notion of making dark superhero movies. We saw how good it stood with Green Lantern and definitely that dark mirror won't reflect Flash and Wonder Woman nicely.

While I enjoyed Battle of Atom it didn't feel epic like Trinity War or more accurately Forever Evil. So on comics side I am on team DC.

While DC sucks on movie depertmant, they are going unrivalled on animated movies side of thing. Batman Assault on Arkham, Justice League War, Justice League Crisis on Two Earths, Green Lantern Emerald Knights couldn't matched by few Marvel animated movies.

DC also beats Marvel on video games department as well. Batman Arkham series probably sold more than all Marvel games up to date... And of course that abomination they call Marvel Heroes Online is an open insult to gamers and MMO genre.

TL/DR:
    Avengers will be better.
    Marvel: TV animated series, Live action movies, comics
    DC: Comics, TV live action series, Animated movies, Video Games

PS: Also when I saw the title I thought it is about that JLA vs Avengers mini series which wasn't that good. Marvel vs DC limited series was fun tho'.... or some personal single issues like Superman vs Spider-man or Captain America vs Batman.

#6 White Knight, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

There's three things that need to be addressed, and answered, before I can answer this:

1| Does Batman have time to prepare? There is a significant difference in an improvising Batman, and a prepared Batman. Batman has his own personal files, on each and every member of the Justice League - of all branches. He knows how to take them down -- I'm sure, given time, he could do the same to the Avengers.

2| Where on the anger scale is Dr. Banner? If he's regular old Banner, it is going to take a little while for the Hulk to reach his maximum potential. Seconds are precious to a superhero. If Banner is already the Hulk, and has been riled up significantly, then joins the fight, raw force is probably going to prevail.

End of the day, Batman's mind, while impressive, is still human. The Hulk is unlimited force.

3| What is the power scale medium? Juggernaut might be very strong in the Marvel Universe, but in the DC Universe, he could be considered a weakling. Same thing, the other way around, too. Thor might be a God in the Marvel Universe, but his power could be less than Darkseid of the DC Universe.

And this is where the hardcore fans get tangled up, and nothing can ever be confirmed.

For me, personally, this is how it breaks down:

Movies: DC.

Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns. Those alone, are what seal the deal. However, DC has Superman IV: The Quest for Peace... you're so lucky I adore penguins, DC, or else I'd have given it to Marvel. However, your excuse for a Mr. Freeze, still remains unforgivable!

Animation: DC.

The DC Animated Movies are, usually, superb. Also, the Justice League and Young Justice cartoons, were well done. Marvel does have it's 90s animated series, as well as X-Men: Evolution (a guilty pleasure of mine). But DC had Batman: The Animated Series.

Comics: Both.

They both have their excellent highs and their hideous lows. I was really into Marvel in the mid to late 90s, then shifted to DC in late 90s to early 00s. During all of this, I dabbled into other companies, as well. It's hard to pick just one story arc, because each candidate has a valid reason for being selected.

Likability: DC.

While I adore the Hulk, and like Iron Man and Captain America, the rest of the team, while impressive, don't draw me in as much as the competition.

Batman, alone, is a fascinating fellow.

Superman is the status quo of a superhero, or was; there have been shifts, here and there. Still, he's THE Superman. Despite all the flak he gets, the Man of Steel has his moments. The Death of Superman is a fine piece of work, and the aftermath... until... robots and aliens... and... guns... but we won't talk about that part, LOL.

Flash is my favorite DC hero. Particularly the third one, Wally West. I like his wisecracking attitude juggled along with being a young father. This sort of shifts my choice, naturally.

They each have their best pieces and their worst pieces. You just have to know how to filter through their libraries.

But that isn't the answer you want, is it?

If I were a betting individual, I would see it going down like this, in general, in a repeated simulation:

60% Avengers, 40% Justice League, of the time, each would win.

Now, if Batman has time to prepare, I believe it would play out, like this:

75% Justice League, 25% Avengers, of the time, each would win.

If the Hulk enters the fight, severely pissed off, I believe it would go like this:

95% Avengers, 5% Justice League, of the time, each would win.

8. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is basically what I was going to say. Also, given that Superman is mega op, and Batman, as a human, has defeated him, that just throws the JLA over the top.

DC ftw :thumbsup:

9. White Knight

Hmm strange you didn't mention Teen Titans. While I watched series couple of years ago on Youtube they were good... especially Beast Boy and Firestar.

While I like Young Justice in recent years I think Marvel a foot ahead with Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes and Ultimate Spider-man.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Teen Titans tends to slip my mind. I like it, but I always forget about the show. Raven was my favorite.

The Spectacular Spiderman was an amazing show. A shame that they canceled that version.

11. Quiet Raven

Very true. However your number 2 reminds me of one thing as well.

Which universes are we talking about? Each and every hero has many versions, with different strengths and weaknesses. For example, in the Dark Knight trilogy, Batman does not have the same level of intelect he has in in the animated series.

Which brings me back your number 2. Hulk needs time to transform? Not if we use the Hulk from the movies. In the Avengers, he said he put a bullet in his mouth. But it didn't work, he just transformed and survived. I don't know much about Hulk outside of the movies, so he may be different. But I thought that was worth mentioning.

12. MisterTinkles

DC has been screwing up the super hero characters big time over the past several years.
    They have been dragging down the characters to no more than ego mad actors wanting to play the part.

Michael Keaton was THE only Batman for this era.
    Christopher Reeve was THE only Superman for this era.

Everything they have been cranking out since the Tim Burton versions of Batman have been garbage. They have been cranking out crap to try and keep up with Marvel, but they are losing more money than they are making.

They made "Watchmen" in hopes that the movie would bring out a new line of fans for an old comic. The novel may have been good, but the movie sucked ass......and not in a good way. They lost a LOT of money on that.

Now this monstrosity "Superman vs Batman" coming out in a year or two.....more freeking garbage, just like "The Man of Steel".

WB and DC have been working on a JLA movie for many, many years now, and have shelved it many, many, many times. Same goes for a Wonder Woman movie. I think it's been almost 20 years now, that they have been promising a Wonder Woman movie, and then shelving it, again, and again, and again, and again.

This next waste of time and money, "Superman vs Batman" is supposed to be the prequel for the JLA movie.

WB and DC do NOT listen to their fans, as Marvel does. As long as DC/WB keeps cranking out crap filled movies, they will keep losing more and more money.

WB and DC need someone new running the show, as far as movies are concerned. And yes, I could do so much better than these people they have creating this crap they have now.

Marvel is choosing the actor to fit the character, which is the way it is supposed to be done. Hence, they are making money faster than they can put it in the bank.

DC/WB has the unholy knack of choosing the most WRONG person (after Tim Burtons Batmans that is). Although I love Ryan Reynolds, I think he was wrong for the story line they crapped out for that movie. If you are going to have someone with an established personality play a specific part, then the story line MUST be written around this actors personality. Ryan would have been awesome if they had taken this into consideration.

But DC/WB is more interested in just cranking out crap, to see if anyone will "bite", instead of taking suggestions from fans, hiring GOOD writers, and finding the RIGHT people for the parts!!

I am a Wonder Woman freak............and I am APPALLED at this tiny little GIRL that they picked for Wonder Woman in their next box office flop, "Superman vs Batman". What an insult to Wonder Woman fans. Just another slap in the face.

Keep it up WB/DC, and what fans you have left will be going over to Marvel

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Hence the discussion invoked in #3. I'm just compiling all their mediums, together, for a general answer.

Originally, the Hulk required time to transform. How stressed/scared/angry Banner was, determined the severity and quickness, of the transformation. It seems to be fairly instantaneous in the films, though.

If we go off the Dark Knight trilogy and the Marvel films, the Hulk would probably power his way through. However, Batman will always be, to me, the world's greatest detective -- which is a title that includes, possessing a paranoia-level preparation, in my opinion. Anything else, just isn't Batman, to me... but I was also spoiled on the 1990s films and Animated Series.

One fight I'd like to see is Batman vs The Punisher. Both of them are seasoned veterans, are potentially paranoia incarnate, and have a stockpile of resources and weapons. I think the tactical prowess, in that showdown, would be an amazing spectacle to behold.