1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could remake an old movie...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by mangotree, Dec 1, 2014.

1. mangotree

I'm going to copy a thread that I saw in the video game section.

If you could professionally have an old movie remade with todays technology and graphics, which one would you most love to see?

AND (if it's your thing), which actors/actresses would you like to see playing the parts and who would Direct it?

2. White Knight

Hmm I think all the ones I like already re-made (Planet of Apes, Island of Doctor Moraeu) or they are perfect as they are (like Gilda, Gone with the Wind, Singing in the Rain, Pillow Talk, Liz Taylor's Cleopatra or Hello Dolly!).

Also seeing some remakes makes me wish they didn't ruin the original for new generation... new Thundercats series, several Frankenstein movies, Fright Night and so.

3. Infinate Apbyss

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would love to see the wizard of oz remade and i dont mean like all these fake rip off remakes where they change the story add muppets or actors/actresses that are annoying and cant act! I mean it would be near impossible to do that movie justice because the original lets face it was the greatest movie of its time and probably all time it lead the way in so many advances in the film industry. But if some one were to do it right i would elect them leader of the world!!! ��

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Jaws would be one of them. A lot of people cite the shark becoming more visible, over the course of the film, as one of it's strong points, despite this being an unintentional consequence of the mechanical shark rarely working. I'd be curious to see, what could be done, if the studio could compensate for that setback. While I don't think you could ever really remake the film, and have it likable, I would be curious, as to what could be achieved.

Aliens is another. I love this movie, and the cast. I don't know if the cast could be replaced, but I'd like to see James Cameron handle that film, with the technology of today. He'd probably also be given a much bigger budget, too, to work with. Again, I don't think you could ever really remake this film, and have it likable. But I'd be curious as to what Cameron would do, nowadays.

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors is another. Aside from the original, this one is generally perceived favorable. I agree, it is the best of the Elm Street sequels, which is why I'd like to see it remade, with today's technology (that car yard skeleton scene is hideously outdated-looking). The concept of individuals, with their own "dream powers" is an interesting one, and something I'd like to see used more. This is the one reason, I was hoping the Elm Street remake would do well, so that perhaps, we would get this as a sequel, despite my not being too fond of said remake.

IT is another. Yes, that movie with the clown, inspired by the Stephen King novel of the same name. Most people don't seem to know this, but the IT movie that already exists, is simply a two-part television special. Naturally, it has a lower budget, weaker special effects, and much more, than what a movie might have done, omitted. Of all the films on my list here, this would be the one, I'd have a top priority. Of the many Stephen King novels, this is one that should have had the big screen treatment, as opposed to a measly television event.

Everything else, that I can think of, is a product of it's time. Sure, some polishing could be used in some films, here and there, but that is part of their charm.

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ghost busters maybe johnny depth as someone. It would have the marshmallow man and the other ghost in modern cg.

#5 happydavid, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  6. shinji

shinji Guest

I wouldn't... There are far too many screw up, of people trying to remake old stuff. Where is the originality? The movie industry is wrecked completely, it's like... every single movie is based on/inspired/copypasted from something else. I demand to see an original movie, that does not suck! One that is not "based" on anything...

7. Justinian20

How about some Ed Wood movies remade, like Glen or Glenda, Plan 9 from outer space. Remaking those horribly bad movies wouldn't have any expectations to do well