1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fashion

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by redghost, Dec 3, 2014.

1. redghost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello everybody

I'm still kind of new on here, so I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I'm having a mini fashion crisis. Throughout high school, I knew what I wanted to wear, but what my parents got me was quite different, and when I finally graduated and got my own clothes, I had weird blend of the clothes I wanted to wear as a teenager and the clothes I thought I should wear as an adult. Very awkward.

Anyway, I finally figured out what looks good on me and what I want to project, but I live somewhere where it's hot 11 months out of the year. Constant hot. Nasty hot. Walk to the mailbox and back and start sweating hot. How do I balance good style choices (dark-wash jeans, classy button-up shirts, the whole 9 yards) with this place's awful, horrible weather?

2. Rainbows~Exist

First of all: I like your style

Second of all: I'm not sure there's anything you can actually do about it... If you don't mind getting really warm in your clothes then go for it but if you want to stay cool you're probably going to have to find something different to wear.
    Jeans + Hot weather = Extremely uncomfortable. Shirts however let alot of air in so they're not that bad in hot weather :slight_smile:

3. kem

kem

Nothing wrong with wearing shorts! Get a pair of bermudas. Pair them with a white buttoned or polo shirt, or a T-shirt, even. Avoid black altogether, use brown, maroon, navy and bright colours and a lot of white.
    A good style choice is simple, timeless, comfortable and made of high-quality materials and craftsmanship.
    If you insist on not wearing shorts, instead of jeans, try roomy linen trousers, or suit trousers.

4. redghost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you guys so much! I'm looking at some holiday sales right now. I'm cutting back on the button-ups but I'm trying to pick Henleys and t-shirts that are crisp enough to make up for it. I honestly don't understand why my state even has "Winter collections" and "autumn collections", like we only have summer... and slightly chilly days. When will I ever need a 100% wool & fleece thermal with a fur collar? Hahaha, thank you again.

5. Ulla Dagmar

Hi, this post here caught my attention. I have always been aware of the latest Fashion but I don't really apply it. To share my thoughts about what to wear in any season will really depend on what makes you feel comfortable. In my case, I create my own fashion that will look good on me. Trendy clothes may not be necessary as long as it suits the weather and I am really comfortable with what I wear.

6. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I always find artificial fabrics like polyester (or high ratio of polyester in a poly-cotton blend) feel like wearing a plastic bag especially in warm weather. Cotton, linen and other natural fibres tend to "breathe" a bit more.

7. kem

kem

Polyester has come a long way. While its breathability is no match for cotton, most polyester textiles are just fine.

I prefer viscose though.

8. Silver Springs

I'm in subtropical Australia, the heat and humidity here makes Miami look like the North Pole. I usually wear chinos or dark trousers instead of jeans, with riding boots or dressy shoes. Combine that with a nice button up shirt or polo. You can make shorts look really nice if they're a plain colour or style with a tucked in button up shirt, with rolled up sleeves.

Savour the winter months; wooden jackets are hard to pull off in summer, you make people melt looking at you. You might be able to get away with wearing a blazer and trousers if you don't mind heat exhaustion or fainting. Totally worth it.