1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terminator Genisys (not a misspelling)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Rawrzilla, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Ya all go cray cray with your Jurassic Worlds and your Star Wars: One Another Yet but you wanna know what's really dropping my panties? This:

[YOUTUBE]62E4FJTwSuc[/YOUTUBE]

Holy cow, I didn't even know this was being made and now this is my everything. I thought the series was doomed after the turd that Salvation turned out to be but now you are telling me they are revisiting the settings of all the previous movies (minus Salvation, thankfully) and retconning their retconning of the future? Yes please! This is everything I didn't know I wanted. I'm not making any sense and that's how good this trailer is, so good it struck me dumb.

Other random thoughts:

• The amount of nude beefcakes on screen is significantly higher here than on any other upcoming blockbuster which makes this, objectively, the most promising flick.
    • On the other side of the spectrum, the new Sarah Connor is cute as fuuuck. Sorry Linda Hamilton, you were sex on legs back in Terminator 2 but Emilia Clarke (Daenerys! So appropriate) is more than a worthy successor to the role (if not an upgrade).
    • We got all kinds of Arnie(s) here. Old Arnie, Plastic Arnie, Did-they-really-got-a-clone-of-young-Arnie-? Arnie, so many Arnies. Now we just need an Arnie army (and I wouldn't put it past them).
    • I'm pretty sure you could recreate the whole genetic pool of the human race with all the incarnations we have seen of John Connor across the movies.
    • I reeeeally hope they have a good excuse for that dumb spelling of "Genesis." If they only did it to sound hip I'm gonna tweet really angrily about it (Be afraid! My @s are out to get you!).

That will be all for now. Discuss. Or squeal. Or meh.

#1 Rawrzilla, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2014
  2. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

I'm only now noticing that in this movie Sarah was raised by Arnie. Amazeballs. I mean, amazeballs for me. That sure will upset some fans, to which my only reaction is:

[​IMG]

3. White Knight

Probably Genisys some sort programe used to create Terminators... hence the sys part. Tho that is my wild guess.

However how come Sarah raised by Arnie makes any sense? Why didn't she recognize him in the first movie or never mention it at all during second movie. *Shrugs*

4. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

That's what I mean by them retconning everything that came before. Apparently someone or something further into the future sent Arnie back to Sarah's childhood to raise her like a Terminator killer and now we are gonna see the events of all the previous movies from this new perspective (just spitballing here, no one knows for sure what's going on lol). This is like a blend of remake, sequel, prequel and reboot. It's bonkers and I love it for it.

#4 Rawrzilla, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014
  5. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Wat

This looks confusing as hell ;-; but at least it's colorful and exciting and actually looks like a Terminator movie which is more than I can say for salvation. Then again T3 had the right look and it had Arnold and hell it even had a pretty awesome theme and it was still crap so I'm taking this with a grain of salt. I guess if done right this could be like what X Men: Days of Future Past was for that series. I just want to see them work more new ideas into the plot rather than rip off the originals a bunch.

6. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Looks awesome, the mother of Dragons is Sarah Connor!!!

7. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really like the Terminator series. I think this new one looks fun, even if it is pretty much a reboot. I wonder who Matt Smith will play.

8. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

Watched it and it looks a little too close to just copying T2. I'm 'meh' about it at the moment.

9. willycubed28

As a fan of Terminator 1 and II and a fan of Linda Hamilton I will have to say just by the previews I am not that impressed with the new sarah connor, or how they are doing the Terminator Story. It is like they are changing how it all started to begin with. I will go and see it, but I am not just not sold on it yet. Maybe once I see it..I will have a different opinion. Yes, I know with Linda Hamilton's age that she cannot come back and play Sarah Connor, but in my opinion I think they need to leave this one franchise alone. For me The first and second film were the best of the franchise.

10. Raikamaru

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This looks cool as shit. I hope they don't fuck this up.