1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LEAST favorite Christmas/holiday songs

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SemiCharmedLife, Dec 5, 2014.

1. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's already a thread about your favorite Christmas songs...which songs make you long for January the second you hear them?

For me, it's a tie between the creepy children's choir singing "On this very Christmas night" over Pachelbel's Canon in D and Madonna's obnoxious whiny "Santa Baby"

Or any Christmas song played before Thanksgiving

What about y'all?

2. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Though I love Eartha Kitt's version of 'Santa Baby'. Never knew Madonna did it, but then again, I am a sworn enemy of Madonna, and also a founder of the group, GAG, Gays against Gaga.

But back on topic, I think my least favorite would be that live-aid song, 'Do they know it's Christmas time at all'. Can not stand this. And also, no, many of them would not, being Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, or otherwise not Christian...

3. Paprika

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  4. Hexagon

All of them.

5. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT1fA59oH7Q
    I have issues with the song when I was 8 I was in the Christmas play at school dressed as a little drummer boy it made my mum and nanna cry so embarrassing also loads of photos were took as well as a video seen it once mum has the copy if i found it it may go swimming somewhere

6. antibinary

The Christmas date rape song, Oops, sorry, I mean baby it's cold outside. Yeah but seriously, he drugs her half way through, and he very clearly wants to get laid...

7. Randomcloud

Silver Bells...blegh
    Also the atrocious cover of "I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus" I heard the other day by the Cheetah Girls

8. shinji

shinji Guest

↑ - This. Speaking purely about classical holiday songs. Remixes are okay-ish.

Thank the gods, "caroling" is not a thing, where i live.

9. Acm

Acm Guest

Santa Baby, Wonderful Christmas Time, All I Want For Christmas Is You, Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer (I HATE this one). I don't really like the religious ones either, they're not as fun. Oh and I was in a supermarket the other day and they were playing this horrible country version of the 12 Days of Christmas. It was the worst thing I've ever heard, no joke.

10. Ryu

Ryu

I am to grateful there are no carolers around my town. On the matter of christmas songs... Every single one of them... I hate them all... Might be because I'm not a fan of the whole family get together thing, might be because it's the only thing on. 1 and a half, maybe 2 months of the same old stuff from the 50's up to the 2000's over and over and over again every year. It is horrible.

11. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes!! I always felt like a grinch since Christmas music drives me up the wall. And that's who sings Santa baby :lol:

12. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Christmas Shoes. End of discussion.

13. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I'm not a fan of most Christmas music.. Especially the bubbly ones. The soft ones I can stand. The bubbly ones drive me insane

14. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This

I have to listen to these two songs over and flipping over every morning at my store, its all I can do not to rip my own ears off... Though I've heard a myriad of horrid christmas songs and covers this year thanks to Michael's Q~Q

"Santa Baby" is however a song I utterly LOATH beyond all reason... and its made worse by country covers!! Q.Q!!!

"On this very Christmas night" Is just CRAP though complete and utter crap! I think the thing that annoys me most is the graduation music playing in the background of those squeaky voiced off key ear splitting voices of those children... SERIOUSLY how craptastic can you be!?

Also I hate the little drummer boy but to a lesser extent to the other two... I think the only christmas songs I am glad to here are the random Bing Crosby songs that make me think of certain christmas movies I like... also occasionally hearing songs from those clay-mation chirstmas films is pretty nice ^^ But ugh I'm tortured for 5 and a half hours with x-mas music... BAD x-mas music!! Q~Q

15. Melanie

Melanie Guest

Grandma got run over by a reindeer is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me

16. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love most Christmas songs, but the ones I hate, I really hate. I hate any Christmas song that is written from the perspective of a kid, but sung by an adult pretending to be a kid. This includes:

"I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause"

"I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas"

"All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth"

"I'm getting nothing for Christmas" (they usually get an actual kid to sing this one, but its still annoying)

I'm fine with the original version of "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer", but I despise the versions that tack on "Like a lightbulb", "Like monopoly", and "like Columbus". I also dislike "Hey Santa", "The Christmas Shoes" (there is nothing sweet about the song), and that Elvis song about having a blue Christmas.

17. archerrose

Out Status:
    A few people
    Santa is coming in a pick up truck by Alan Jackson and the Chipmunks
    I HATE country music, I HATE songs about pickup trucks, and I HATE the Chipmunks.

I hate that song about the shoes too.

18. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Oh my god, I totally agree. I hate, hate, hate Santa Baby. Also, that Santa Claus is Coming to Town song, it's so fucking creepy. Because there's nothing like preparing your child for the holidays with the promises that a morbidly obese man can see you when you're sleeping or going about your day.

I hate that boring ass Deck the Halls song too. The only reason anyone liked it as a kid in my grade was because of that "don we now our gay apparel" line. But it's boring. There's no charm in its rhythm, the lyrics are repetitive, and no one likes singing past the first verse anyway. It only sounds halfway decent when it's an instrumental.

19. DinelodiiGitli

I don't really dislike any of them but a lot of the real classics creep me out now. They are a constant reminder of my neighborhood's creepy ice cream men one of which insists on playing Christmas music all year on a crappy speaker. It skips constantly and sounds like the sound track for a low budget horror movie.

20. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Dont want to start a whole discussion about the war on Christmas, but have you looked into the history of this feast?

---------- Post added 10th Dec 2014 at 12:12 AM ----------

OT:
    I'm dreaming of a white christmas.
    Most repeated song over here.
    Also, practically all Dutch Christmas songs, what little there are.

Like this one though:
    [YOUTUBE]evHEkXFtO40[/YOUTUBE]
    It rhymes in Dutch/Flemish, english subtitles is more to get the meaning of the text.