1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queer as Folk - My brush with Fame LAST NIGHT!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Seanboy23, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Seanboy23

(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

This one (for me at least) deserves a full FIVE DANCING BANANAS!!

Last night, my friends and I were hanging out downtown, and got a little bored (not much was going on). Suddenly one of my friends said "Hey! This weekend is the Gay & Lesbian Film Festival, let's go check it out." So we finished our drinks, all got in one car, and drove about 8 blocks over to the Crest Theater.

The bad news: the festival ended earlier yesterday afternoon, so we thought we'd missed everything.

The good news: there was a last-minute addition to the festival, a "non-gay" movie called "Leaving Barstow", directed by Peter Paige, Emmett from Queer as Folk. The movie stars Michelle Clunie (Melanie from QAF), who gives a wonderful performance in the film. It was well done, a great character piece, and really struck a nerve in me with its subject matter (a young man in a po-dunk town trying to figure out how he was going to get out and make a future for himself, or even if he would EVER get out).

The GREAT (and surprising) news: Peter Paige, Emmett himself, was THERE for the screening! Not only did I meet him and shake hands, but my friends and I also chatted and kinda hung out with him for a bit! How cool is that?! What an unexpected way to wrap up the weekend! He's got the whole shaved-head look going on - yummy! - and looks great. He was VERY personable and down-to-earth, and in the Q&A he did after the movie screened, he came across almost humble when talking about his work and experiences. He was charming, funny, and very cute!

A great guy, a great night, wow....wow...WOW! :thumbsup:

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Don't you just love totally unexpected moments that you will remember the rest of your life? Twas meant to be. :grin: Congratulations!

3. pianomike

you lucky duck!!!!

4. Seanboy23

I know! It was sooo cool! Sometimes we all just get lucky, in the most expected ways and when we're least expecting it.

(&&&) :eusa_clap

5. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great! Emmett was always my favorite from the show. :slight_smile:

6. Miles D

WHAT?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!??!

wow. I am speechless. QAF = MY LIFE!

darn you!
    but congrats.... because that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

7. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's so awesome! I'm jealous, I love Peter Paige.

8. Myke

Myke Guest

Lucky you. It's my favourite show of all time