1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dragon Age Inquisition:)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TrueHeartZ, Dec 11, 2014.

1. TrueHeartZ

OK this game is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean the creating your character, the game play, the moves, the fights, the graphics, the weapons, the romances (tie between Iron Bull and Sera for me), I mean I played it twice and it was unbelievable AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Post if you love this game as much as I do. (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

2. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

Indeed. I played a trial on Xbox one and then bought the full game on PC.

3. Serendipity13

I'm about 160 hours in. Its taken over all of my free time. My DVR hates me right now, its overflowing but I can't stop playing!

4. JustKat

I am debating if I should buy it now for the 360, or just wait until next month when I get my XBoxOne.

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I just got it today, looking forward to playing :'D

6. Serendipity13

i just beat it a few days ago and I'm debating on starting a new game just to take all the options I didnt throughout the game and see if my ending is different. Such a great game.

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Okay, gotta revive this old thread XD

I am so obsessed with this game now that I actually had time to play it. The gameplay is fantastic and I was so amazed with how well they did with LGBT representation. It isn't perfect, but I actually felt like I related to the characters once in my life.

I romanced Sera on my first playthrough and fell in love with the character and the scenes. I am so happy we are finally getting exclusive gay characters (Dorian too) that are important parts of our main party. It's just fantastic : D

8. Lazuri

I enjoyed it, but I really wish they'd fix the crashing glitch where the GPU disconnectes during cutscenes. It's seriously impairing my ability to enjoy the game. It's been three months since it was released and the fact that this extremely common and major glitch still hasn't been fixed is preposterous.

I really like BioWare, but I really wish they were better at the whole programming part of game development. Their games are always disastrously glitchy.

9. LibertyValance

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I thought my 60 hours on the game were a lot but it seems others have played far more. On the whole I found the game to be in line with expectations. I was playing on the PS4 for reference.

The graphics were quite nice, and the art style was pretty cool. The over-arching story is nothing special, its not bad but its certainly not a standout in any way (At least in my opinion). The interactions with the supporting characters in contrast to the main story however were well done. I felt like a lot of the characters were interesting and there were plenty of dialogue opportunities to really explore their personalities and back-story. The audio for the game was alright, the soundtrack had a few standout moments but on the whole nothing special. I did have some very strange audio issues on the PS4 though where sound would intermittently cut out, especially during cut-scenes. However such issues were few and far between so they didn't break immersion too much.

The combat is what I was most apprehensive about and as expected I was not all too impressed with it. I chalk this up mostly to being spoiled by the Dark/Demons Souls series which has some of the best third person fantasy/medieval combat there is. In comparison to the active fast paced movement in a Souls game, I found myself just standing in place holding down the attack button while intermittently utilizing a special ability. While Souls makes you feel like a versatile fighter with numerous different attack types, I was left feeling sorely disappointed by the relatively static and uninspired melee combat in the game. Certain classes were a little better in this regards, the rogue for example didn't feel quite so plain and static as compared to my two-handed warrior. The magic though was fairly well done in my opinion with a large variety of interesting and powerful spells that were both effective and nice looking. Given that I prefer to play melee classes, the games combat did disappoint me on the whole. One standout part of the combat though was fighting Dragons. Of all the games I have played that involved fighting dragons I feel this game has done it best. The Dragons actually move like you would expect dragons too, they jump about nimbly and their motions are very natural. Their flight is well integrated so that on the whole they move about in a very smooth manner, unlike some other games where the Dragons move about in a rather jerky manner (*cough* Skryim *cough*). That's not to say there weren't occasional oddities while fighting them, but on the whole the Dragons were quite well done in my opinion.

So if I were to rate the game on a ten point scale with 5 being average, I would say the game is a fairly solid 7. It's a good game with high production quality and interesting characters, however the uninteresting main story and often dull combat really hold the game back. Still, an above average game that is fun to play and I would recommend it to anyone who likes fantasy/medieval RPG games.

10. Lazuri

You need to play Dragon's Dogma. Actually, that's good advice for everybody.

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love the landscape, love the graphical gorgeousness, and mostly love the characters and adventuring party. But I just cannot get into Inquisition or apparently any DA game. The fighting is so MMO style (which I strongly dislike) and the lore, while complex, does nothing for me. I worry if I'll ever even complete this game despite its unassailable status as a work of art.

Maybe I'm biased by familiarity but Elder Scrolls remains my high fantasy of choice.

12. Aro

Aro

I didn't know there was a topic for this already. I had considered starting one for the series, but I'll just post here instead since it was revived. I am on my 5th playthrough but have paused to do some other things, including playing through the other games again in the series.

I've started way too many files and have gotten a ways into them, but only 4 completed games. That's how I count it. I'm almost 800 hours across all of the Inquisitors I've made. I absolutely love this game. It's my favorite game of all time. And I am excited for the Black Emporium that's coming in the next patch. Unless it's already been released- I am a little behind now on watching the news about Dragon Age unfold. XD

My favorite playthrough has been my Mage. I won't spoil anything. I think Solas is probably my favorite romance. Before that, it was Cullen. I had done Iron Bull as well, but I didn't really feel as connected romantically as I did the other people.

I am not sure it applies any more since it's an older thread, but I don't think anyone should buy this game for a previous generation system. They tend to have a lot of problems and the graphical errors and high performance demands tend to kill it a lot, from everything I've seen and heard. I thought it might happen prior to release. At least they tried, but I don't think they should have released it on those systems at all, really.

I am a massive nerd. If anyone wants to talk anything Dragon Age to me, I'm around. I'll always be horribly in love with it and everything surrounding it. If it has Dragon Age in the title, including the books and the RPG, chances are I have it and love it and have spent way too much of my life on it; haha.

Anyways, I've implicated myself enough. Hope this topic grows. I love seeing what other people have done and have to say about things. :grin: Hard to keep it spoiler-free though.

13. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Yeah, that would explain the problems my game had. I don't have an Xbox one or PS4 and I dislike PC gaming, so I didn't have much choice. The errors that did happen though were not as big of a deal other than a few cutscene glitches I had, so it didn't ruin the game for me.

(But hey, I'd always be up for obsessing with another Dragon Age fan XD)

14. Aro

Aro

Yeah, I understand. That's really too bad, though. :c I am sorry you had such experiences with this lovely game. I'm glad that you didn't have those sorts of errors, though. I know that they tried to patch most of it after the first month of release. But I think that there are just some things that they can't do since it's out of the range of the system.

Awh yeah! I'm super obsessed. It's the one topic you don't get me started on unless you want me to talk forever, lmao. I'm always up for it too!

15. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hope im not too late on this one, this game is really awesome!!! love every second of it! and lots of new stuff pops up no matter what character you play