1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anime :d

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Doctorlysomethn, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Doctorlysomethn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I know I'm going to start a war (just kidding XD) but I want you all to tell me your top 5 favorite anime shows and why :goodevil:
    Now the reasons could be "Good story", "I just like the characters" or even "I just like the main theme song" or whatever you want XD
    Just your top 5 anime shows and why :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Dunno if a thread like this has already been made... so whoops if it has, but oh well hahaha :lol:

So let the listing begin :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Cowboy Bebop - great story, excellent characters, serious and funny
    Haibane Renmei - mysterious and beautiful
    Trigun - Vash the Stampede!!!
    Serial Experiments Lain - I don't know what the hell actually happened but I don't care
    Attack on Titan - It's kind of ridiculous but still a lot of fun and I like the characters

3. White Knight

Tiger and Bunny
    It is very entertaining superhero themed anime. There is a gay character, homoeroticism between Tiger and Bunny sizzles. Sky High one of the hottest anime/manga characters... or were until I read somewhere he is based on Tom Cruise who I hate.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
    I heard everyone talking about original series. When I found series online I gave it a go and bam... I liked the story but dynamics between characters what got me hooked up on the show

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
    It is a hilarious show no other reason needed. Also love voice acting in that one especially Brief's.

Record of Lodoss War
    Couldn't watch the show fully but read manga years ago. I am a sucker for fantasy fiction (D&D style Sword and Fantasy mostly).It is as close as an anime can get to that style...

Not have any other specific title as I watch whatever I come across unless they are too epic (like Bleach, One piece or Naruto). It is sometimes very hard to get into those prolonged shows.

4. Doctorlysomethn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Liking the anime I've seen so far :slight_smile:
    As for me? I like:

Full Metal Alchemist
    I love the characters, how funny it is, how actiony it is, how addicting it is :slight_smile:
    I loved the very first opening song to it and that's actually one of the reasons it hooked me hahah

Kill la Kill
    What can't you love with Kill la Kill? Mako is fucking hilarious, the animation is so funny, the characters are so loveable, and you just get sucked into it and fall in love with the entire anime :slight_smile: <3

Soul Eater
    First off... for those of you who have not seen this... WATCH IT! It is an anime that I seriously recommend for those who love magic, fighting, comedy, and characters who you would never change ever because they make Soul Eater what it is :slight_smile:

Attack on Titan
    How could I not mention Shingeki no Kyojin? It made me cry when other "sad" anime could not, it is so fulled with action, it's unpredictable, it kept me up till the most ridiculous hours of the morning desperate to know what happens next... and it's just such an amazing anime! :grin:

Wolf's Rain
    This short anime actually takes position number 5 because it a) focuses on wolves (an animal that I love) and b) is just... what I was looking for when other anime I watched didn't... excite me in that way... (but not THAT way... naughty)
    Wolf's Rain always made me want to watch the next episode to know what happens... I was always left on a cliffhanger as to what happens next!
    You get energy shot straight into your body at the title song, and you feel sad around the credits song... it was just an anime, while short, that gave me exactly what I wanted from an anime :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 13th Dec 2014 at 05:14 AM ----------

I know I said 5 but I'm adding this 6th one XD

Fairy Tail
    What can I say about this anime apart from how sorry I am to have forgotten it!
    Fairy Tail never fails to deliver exactly what I want in an anime :slight_smile: It has so much humor, action, fantasy, magic, and everything else needed for an anime to be absolutely amazing in my opinion :slight_smile:
    I love this anime so much and I highly recommend this for people who want something long, but worthwhile :slight_smile:

#4 Doctorlysomethn, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  5. Gwendolyn

Top 5? That works out perfectly as there's only 5 anime I've seen that I consider "perfect" (Well.... technically 4, as I can't decide if Psycho-Pass qualifies or not)

1- Puella Magi Madoka Magica
    I can't say this enough, but I love absolutely everything about this anime. The soundtrack. The plot. The characters. The themes. The animation. Everything. I loved every bit of this surreal magical girl anime. The movies somehow managed to improve it. Shaft and Gen Urobuchi can make great things together. (Favorite character is Tomoe Mami)

2- Monogatari Series (Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, Nekomonogatari: Kuro, etc.)
    As you might or might not notice, this is from the same studio as Madoka. I love Shaft's animation style, especially in this anime. The weird sort of surreal backgrounds mix with the plot's feel and style very well. However, the animation is probably not for everyone.
    Has the best characters of any anime I've seen. Their conversations with each other and the dialogue in general are extremely good.
    Just like Madoka, the characters are the plot in this anime. Everything in the world of Monogatari is all about perception. Being able to see yourself for who you actually are.

3- Mawaru Penguindrum
    Ikuhara. How do you make such an amazing anime? This anime is probably one of the weirder anime out of my favorites. It involves penguins, fate, clairvoyant diaries, revivals, and many other things I can't describe as they would be large spoilers. The themes and symbolism present in pretty much everything are amazing.
    This anime starts as a seemingly light-hearted "slice of life?"(something? I really don't know), but things quickly start seeming very "off". I won't say much more aside from just watch this. You won't regret it.

4- Shiki
    Horror. Very very very few anime have truly encapsulated that feeling well. Shiki has. It may sound cliché with the premise a mysterious deaths happening in a small village, but trust me, its the best possible execution of that plot. The horror isn't built up through "scary stuff", but rather through an extremely oppressive atmosphere that ends up building up to a extremely satisfying conclusion where everything comes to an end in the only way it really can. The breakdown of the community is shown from every angle giving satisfying perspectives of everything.
    Also the only anime I've seen do the theme of "What is humanity" well.

5- Psycho-Pass
    Gen Urobuchi. Why must you have such great writing? Definitely the most well-thought out and realistic dystopia I've ever seen depicted(aside from obvious sci-fi elements)
    This anime is essentially a crime procedural in the world of a dystopia. I loved the overall plot and especially the ending.

(Since you decided to add a 6th one, I'll add an honorable mention)
    6- K-On!
    This anime was one I probably enjoyed way too much. A slice of life centered around the activities of the light music club. This anime is so high up not for it's plot or anything, but rather that I enjoyed it immensely and have many fond memories of it. It's always fun watching K-On

#5 Gwendolyn, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014