1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live from EC...It's Saturday Night!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Candace, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Candace

How many people here watch/are a fan of SNL (Saturday Night Live)?

I've been watching it since about 2000, when I was eight years old. I watched this week's episode with Martin Freeman. My favorite skits were: Sump'n Claus, Christmas Mass Spectacular, and the Wedding Objections :roflmao:.

What about you?

By the way, I feel old now!! Pete Davidson is a year *younger* than me :eek:

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Chris Farley.
    R.I.P., man.

I haven't watched Saturday Night Live in a few months. Some folks say the quality has dropped, but to them I say, even the "golden years" had their lousy periods. You only remember all the better times, because they get promoted. It's similar to music from the past, everybody claims it was better, while forgetting the less than stellar works are, for the most part, forgotten.

That said, I haven't really enjoyed an episode of Saturday Night Live in years. But that is because I don't tend to find Will Ferrell funny; you see one skit with him, and you've seen them all. Same with his films. I'm not sure how much of this is his fault, and how much falls on those behind the scenes, so I don't detest the man. I just th-- actually, I'm going to stop, because I'm going to be hung for comical treason, LOL.

"Dick in a Box", though, was kind of funny. Not so much for the content, but the execution of the skit. That's about all I can think of, sadly, when it comes to the more modern era.

Matt Foley, Motivational Speaker is, in my opinion, the greatest skit. It really helps sell the humor, when the cast is trying to hold back laughter, in an attempt to stay in character, during the skit.

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe it was this past September that I watched Leslie Jones, "Relationship Expert", talking during a guest appearance on the "Weekend Update" moaning about dating guys.

The funniest line was about when having sex for the first time with a guy "You never know which of the seven dwarfs you're gonna meet!"

Sooo true...soooo true! :grin:

4. Candace

I actually saw this and I instantly fell in love with her! :lol: :grin: She's so funny and perfect for the cast :slight_smile:

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ya I've been watching that show since 2015.