1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by pirateninja, Oct 16, 2008.

1. pirateninja

:eek:

I just got back from seeing it.

I don't think I've ever cried as much at a film as this one. I'm actually sitting here dripping tears on the keyboard. As much as people may be put off seeing it because it reminds them of the videos they were forced to watch in history class, but it's far from it.

If you haven't seen it, go now. It may be incredibly tear-jerking, but it's so damn moving and so beautiful, a horrible period of history through the eyes of an eight year old kid. I'm tempted to go on about the ending, but I don't want to spoil it for people. But it's one hell of an ending.

Seriously, go see it; it's possibly the best film I've seen out this year.

2. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

OO I'm glad to hear its good I really wanna see that movie

3. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I'm planning to see it, it looks so good!

4. KatzInHatz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's a movie I know my friend would find interesting. But it only comes out November 7th here~!~! :confused:

5. pianomike

i've never even heard of it, can someone write a little... uh... review and/or synopsis for me (and others so not to make me look selfish, tehe)

6. Wikipedia has a fairly good synopsis of the film here.

I read the book when it first came out in 2006. Very powerful work that a lot of people, especially children, should read. I'm definitely going to see the movie when it comes out in the US next month.

7. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm just about to start reading the book (it's next in a big pile of books I'm trying to get through) so I'm trying not to find out anything about the book/film until I've read it. I can't even properly read your first post pirateninja cause it might spoil it for me. But feel free to fill Mike in on the plot, I'll be careful what I read in this thread