1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Felix Dawkins is NOT a "flaming queen" also who else loves Orphan Black?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TheNinaThing, Dec 17, 2014.

1. TheNinaThing

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I had just started watching Orphan Black when my dad's friend was over, I mentioned that I was off to watch the next episode and it turns out he watched it too. We talked about it for a bit and when he asked what i thought of Felix I said I liked him. He then decided to explain to my mother that Felix was a "flaming queen". This really pissed me off because the way he was using those words was rude (it's one thing when a gay guy says that, it's another thing when it's a straight guy who thinks he is funny) and also like, Felix is awesome. He's brave, badass, intelligent, smart, strong and loyal and is definitely a positive representation of an LGBTQ person yet all this guy gets out of that character is his sexuality/ Don't get me wrong, Felix's sexuality is both talked about and celebrated but he's also a fully fleshed out, multi dimensionnal character... sigh this is why when we do have nice things, some people just don't get it...

Anyways who else watches orphan Black? It's a great show and yes I have watched all of it. The season 2 finale was amazing.

2. ravenclaw1991

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I love Orphan Black. Fee is amazing! Definitely one of my favorite characters. Alison is my absolute favorite. Cosima is another of my favorites.

3. naomisaurous

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I love orphan black. It's actually something that helped my family slowly come to terms with the idea that there's more to a person than their sexuality. And it helped me feel confident and secure of myself through watching cosima and fee. I love both Cosima and Felix! <3

4. indiqo

I just finished watching season 1.

I loved helena. I know everyone probably hates her but the character. also cosima.

I also cannot figure out if I have a crush on tatiana maslany :icon_redf