1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isn't the Interview Supposed to be Banned?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tai, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I thought it was supposed to be banned. But then I see it on YouTube, posted by Sony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed2kSuKqfz0

Are they gonna get sued or something...? Was it "un-banned" and I just didn't hear about it?

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They are releasing it in several theaters. What I'm hearing is that many Americans are pissed off at the North Koreans for doing this so will deliberately go to the theatre to see a movie they would not have seen ordinarily, to express their anger and patriotism.

But interestingly...some people are calling this the greatest marketing ploy ever...funny thought: That Sony deliberately made information public and called it a hack, then got President Obama to acknowledge this and accuse the North Koreans as the ones behind this, thereby mobilizing movie goers into patriots...

This in itself would make a great movie! And you can bet your bottom dollar that someone somewhere is already thinking about a screenplay...

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was never banned, in fact, the President wanted it to be released. Sony/the cinema chains previously decided not to release the movie because of terrorist threats. This caused upset from Americans (Obama included) who didn't think an American movie company should bow to the demands of terrorists. So, Sony seems to have changed it's mind and released the movie after all.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read yesterday that it was going to be avaialble on YOutube for $6, and a few theaters were going to show it. Neither of the big chains are, however, planning to show it, at least so far.

I don't think it's a publicity ploy. I think Sony blew it. Theater owners are basically calling Sony on their ineptitude.

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course Sony blew it, but the adage that there is no such thing as bad publicity is really pertinent here!

6. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What a crazy thing! That's so weird... Yeah, a screenplay of this whole situation would be funny! So strange.

---------- Post added 25th Dec 2014 at 08:05 PM ----------

Well huh.