1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those Geico commercials

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BaciListClostridium, May 15, 2007.

1. For those of you who've seen the Geico commercials w/ the caveman, what do you think of them? Do you think they're funny? Just curious...

2. Steam Giant

I love them ^^ although they're very true, labeling can get out of hand, and is hurtful for the targets of these jokes/stereotypes. Whatever the message, I find them funny ^^

3. TeeBe

Definately some of the best commercials out there ^^

4. Jim1454

I have a PVR... commercials? :icon_wink

5. tired_of_lying411

I downloaded the song from the first Geico caveman commercial.:icon_wink

6. tinkerbell

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think they're stupid. Geico has poor advertising techniques. But I think all commercials with some type of unrealistic (ie not a modern human) mascot (mascots! are useless) are stupid. Not easily influenced by commercials anyway.

7. SadConfusedBandGeek

lol i haven't seen it wuts it about??

8. Sad, the Geico commercials began a couple years ago featuring some salesperson saying that it's so easy to get car insurance with Geico that "even a caveman could do it." And then they'd pan over to a caveman watching the ad and getting really offended. These days, they've taken the caveman theme further. There are versions where the caveman is seeing a therapist. There's another in which he's looking at a poster ad for Geico and calling in a complaint or something. I've heard that ABC is planning to do a sitcom this fall with the Geico cavemen as characters or something.

I personally think the commercials are not funny at all; in fact, they irritate me SOOOO much. In a way, I'm glad that some people responded that they like the commercials because at least that means that there's a reason why Geico keeps making them. On the other hand, I feel like I must be missing some kind of sense of humor to not get what is so funny about these commercials.

9. SadConfusedBandGeek

weird....lol i guess it would be funny the first time...lol