1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Into the Woods Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ZestyLion, Dec 28, 2014.

1. ZestyLion

I just went to see Into the Woods today and loved it. I've seen the stage version of this you, and I definitely wasn't disappointed with the film adaptation. It was great and I enjoyed how they took advantage of it.

What are your guys' opinions on it?

2. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm looking forward to it--but I'm also sort of scared as I've seen the stage show several times and really love it. I'm afraid it will be Les Miserables all over again...

3. ZestyLion

Oh my gosh, I loved the movie! I loved the cast in it, the acting, and the emotion when they were singing!

4. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought it was... fine. I found the singing actually rather disappointing. Again it is one where I've seen the stage show multiple times. It was an alright movie I just didn't feel it really lived up to the source material. Which I can almost live with for Boublil and Schonberg, but Sondheim--I'm not sure my heart could take it...

5. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I thought it was pretty good. I loved how everything fit together so well.

6. Quiet Raven

I never saw the stage performance. But I thought the movie was good. The singing was rather disappointing however. It was a great story, well written. Just thought the singers weren't that good.

---------- Post added 28th Dec 2014 at 07:18 PM ----------

Yeah, I was disappointed with Les Miserables movie too. I saw the stage performance once. And the singers there were better IMO. Also, I thought les miserables movie had better singers then Into the Woods movie...

7. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    See, this is what I'm really afraid of. I will try to keep an open mind but the true star of a Sondheim show is the lyric and his style is so wordy that unless the singers are at least technically proficient there's so much room for so much to be lost...

8. ZestyLion

Yeah I can definitely agree with that. The singing was upsetting. Meryl Streep was by far the best. Daniel Huttlestone was also good, but I might be biased from Les Mis. I hated the singing of Little Red Riding Hood. At points it sounded like she was just screaming.

I just got over the singing part and appreciated the music and acting more. I wish though that they did as good as they did in Les Mis.

9. Quiet Raven

Yeah, little Red's singing was horrible. I would have loved her character in this movie if her singing was better, lol.

Aside from maybe Meryl Streep, I'd say Johnny Depp was the best. But he only had one song, lol.

10. ZestyLion

Yeah I totally agree. Little Red was a great actor. Just the singing should have been fixed. And Johnny Depp was great! He has a creepy effect to his singing.

11. newfish

My mom, sister, and I saw it Christmas night. We all thought it was great - SOOO much better than the Les Mis adaptation. I was relatively familiar with the show, so I was glad the movie turned out well.
    I loved Little Red's voice and acting, and didn't think it needed to be fixed.
    Johnny Depp was very good, but I thought his vocals were weak. His song was still great, though.
    Also, I Meryl Streep is absolutely great (like, my favorite/on of my favorite actor or actress) and she was wonderful in the role, but I also wouldn't have objected to Bernadette Peters as the witch if she would have accepted it.

#11 newfish, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  12. Silver Springs

If it has Meryl Streep singing, I'm watching it! Mamma Mia is one of my favourite movies of all times.

13. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I definitely want to see it!