1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mythbusters!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Candace, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Candace

How many of you guys watch this show? It's been on the air for ten years.

Adam, Jamie, Kari, Tory, and Grant.

It's so fun to watch and have them test myths, along with learning so much. I used to hate science until I watched this show and I've been a fan for years :slight_smile: What about you?

Bonus question: What is your favorite myth?

2. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to watch it all the time but thanks to my work schedule I haven't seen it regularly in a couple years.

Favorite myth? I liked the one where they proved that if you were to fire a bullet level out of a gun and drop another bullet from the same height at the same time that they would both hit the ground at the same time.

Let's face it the science is cool but it's the explosions and destruction that keep people coming back so I offer a bonus question. What was your favorite explosion or otherwise destructive moment?

My top 3 destructions:

3) Blasting the cement truck into confetti
    2) The original "compact compact" watching them park a tiny car between two semis hitting head on at 35mph each.
    1) The revisit of "compact compact" when they used the steel plate attached to the rocket sled to smash this red car at over 700mph. This one is my favorite because of the slow speed footage. It hits so hard that it knocks the paint off the metal and you can see it flowing over the steel plate like water as the car is destroyed.

3. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I really like that show! We watch it at school and everyone complains for some reason!
    One that I can remember well was when they wrapped Jamie in bubble wrap to see if that would protect you from falling a distance.

4. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I loved all of it.

I'm sad that Jamie and Adam don't really like each other in real life.

5. RadioRoss

6. Water lover

Water lover Guest

I have watched this for most of my life and I have to say it has made me love science even more. I love the older episodes the most.

7. ravenclaw1991

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I love Mythbusters! It always comes on at an inconvenient time, so I haven't sat down and watched it in a long time. I generally love all the myths they do. Even special episodes for things I don't like, like when they did their Star Wars and Walking Dead specials.

Wait.. where'd you hear that? If that's true, my whole life is a lie.