1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Korrasami, Love

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BnyLava, Jan 5, 2015.

1. BnyLava

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I was a little late to watch the last of Legend of Korra and people probably have already written about this, BUT! I finally finished it and I was so happy with the ending!

Unbelievable....

Avatar the Last Airbender was so influential in my life when I was younger because of its amazing messages within each episode and I am so happy to see that the writers are still as inspiring and influential.
    The writers both showed that friendship can turn into a beautiful and long lasting romantic relationship no matter what gender you are and that LOVE is LOVE. I will be forever grateful for both series and this finale for giving me hope and happiness :')
    Korra+Asami = <3 Korrasami
    Any thoughts on this finale?

PS. if Korrasami came as a bit of shock to you, I suggest rewatching the last two season, however I doubt it was unseen by the LGBTQ communities' eyes :wink:

2. robotman

I was disappointed by the finale, I was so looking forward to a Mako and Korra ending lol... The Korrasami ending seemed to come out of nowhere to me... Anyways, I loved the show and the series so meh... lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:...

3. BnyLava

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was a Makorra fan too but I like the terms they ended on and there were a few indicators to the Korrasami thing if you wanna try to find it which makes it all the more perfect... but I definitely think the whole Legend of Korra thing could've been better thought out but it came a long way from the first season which was kinda corny

4. puppiesarecute

OMG it was so obvious!!!! The writer shipped them from season one and slowly built their relationship, but at the end they weren't allowed to make them kiss so they made it as obvious as possible they were about to kiss ( like replicated the last scene from avatar, and make the same expressions as verick and zhu li). But even before than it was really obvious to me. Korra only wrote to asami and there was a scene in which Asami saved Korra that was exactly like the scene when katara rescued any from azula after the lightning thing. I think they wanted to make it so the significant other of Korra was a lot like katara. This was originally Mako with his scarf and stuff, but towards the end Mako gives away his scarf and Korrasami starts happening faster and more obviously.

You have been attacked by a total geek.

5. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd like to see Mako's face when he sees Korra and Asami kissing! :grin: It would be priceless!

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The Legend of Korra had many production problems, mostly from the funding sources/network. So, if anything feels rushed or tacky, that is probably to blame. Of course, Korra also had to follow off the successful previous series and, sadly, people were expecting the exact same show but somehow different.

As for the couple themselves, I like them. Of course, they won't take the top spot from my Avatar-based OTP:

[​IMG]

7. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Brilliant. Awesome. I love Korrasami. Best thing that ever happened in a cartoon - apart from Zaheer and Korra's battle.

Didn't come out of no where either. Well - in my opinion.

8. tulipinacup

I'm actually more interested on who Su Yin's father is, lol.

9. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know! All the Sokka hints drive me mad!!!!!!!!!

10. Ryu

Ryu

You *****! Spoilers!

I still wanna see a new series with the original Avatar cast about Aang and co. As they got older.

#10 Ryu, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  11. Jellal

Honestly if it wasn't for the media hype following the episode, I wouldn't have even known the two of them were an item. I can hardly count memorable interactions Korra and Asami had on one hand. Korra blushed at one point, I think? And she said Asami was the only one she could really trust in her letter during Book 4? (though i don't know why that would be the case, if anything she spent more time with Mako and Bolin)

Whatever though, I don't think I would've been happy no matter who Korra "ended up with" by the conclusion, there's nothing satisfying to me about the romantic relationships in Korra

12. Ryu

Ryu

That was disappointing! I was so hyped up for the final scene where they kiss and then all they do is hold hands!?! Gods!
    *pauses*
    Yay... Ermm... Rights and stuff...

13. BnyLava

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha it's all good, I'm quite the nerd myself lol. Thanks for summing up everything :slight_smile:

14. Ryu

Ryu

Y'know... I've only just thought about it, but Ju Lee and Verrecks engagment was actually really romantic in an odd way...

Not relevant but pfft... Kinda is...