1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any LGBT psychobillies/punks?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Gabby29, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Any one listen to real old school punk: The Casualties, Circle Jerks, The Adicts, Mistfits and psychbilly: The Horrorpops, The Creepshow, Tiger Army, Zombie Ghost Train??

we are 138

2. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I listen to more modern punk, rise against, senses fail, green day, but if I had complete freedom of style, I would definitely dress punk.

3. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not dressed like typical punks or psychobillies, but the music is good. But I'm not so much into this old school punk stuff, I listen more to modern punk.
    I like Psychobilly :slight_smile: The Horrorpops are awesome :thumbsup: Other bands I like are Demented Are Go and Nekromantix.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

How can you have a punk thread and not mention The Sex Pistols or The Dead Kennedys?

Shame on you all~!

5. Acm

Acm Guest

The Sex Pistols are great :thumbsup:

6. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, I love old punk: MDC, Dead Kennedys, TSOL, Flipper, Crucifucks, Buzzcocks, Butthole Surfers, Crass, Reagan Youth. Was a great era in music! There seemed to be a lot more to rebel against, in that dark era of Reagan/Bush.

And also psychobilly/rockabilly: I especially loved The Cramps: got to see them a few times before Lux Interior (lead singer) passed away; amazing shows. Hasil Adkins was also a lot of fun, RIP, Hasil.

I still have a punk flair to my look, never gave that up, never wanted to have to look all 'professional', whatever that means! I see a guy in a business suit, and immediately, my defenses go up, like he's a businessman or political con-artist who wants to screw me over somehow, and get my money/vote...To me, 'professional' looks make me think you're some kinda scammer, and not to be trusted...

#6 HuskyPup, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  7. lowtides

lowtides Guest

I'm a big Sex Pistols and Iggy Pop fan.

8. AAASAS

When I was younger I loved Punk. I was totally obsessed, never liked the Misfits or Ramones, say what you want, but music evolves over time and I don't have to auto enjoy bands that pioneered something and don't follow "rules" of enjoying genres of music

The distillers
    [youtube]nFuP9FXLF8Q[/youtube]

Social Distortion
    [youtube]_NWjehpGSO0[/youtube]

The Clash * THIS SONG IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE SONGS OF ALL TIME, MEANS SO MUCH TO ME. Most people know the riff from MIA's song, and I actually don't mind that version either that song has a lot of meaning

[youtube]bkyCrx4DyMk[/youtube]

Rancid
    [youtube]uQuAL7kCgLk[/youtube]

and

The Transplants; by far was my favourite band when I was younger, like favourite overall band

[youtube]I9lWfAemdNg[/youtube]

There was a lot more this is all I can remember. Fucking loved Dj by Transplants when I was a kid like so much, it reminds me of my childhood so much.

SO much different than what I listen to mainly; hip-hop and electro. Everyone's godda grow.

---------- Post added 8th Jan 2015 at 04:01 PM ----------

I'm similarily biased towards professional looks. To me I feel they just aren't individuals and most likely wouldn't get a long with me. I'm very eccentric and don't take myself too seriously, so anyone that looks like they take themselves seriously, seriously turns me off.

I liked Punk look because it was non-conventional and sort of shows you that we don't all have to look the same. I think it'd be pretty cool if more people dove into Punk fashion, it's so much more versatile, and says so much more about your personality than a suit and a tie.

I think Hip-Hop actually is very similar to Punk in this. Most hip-hop musicians aren't actually into fashion, and hate the idea of everyone looking the same.

Same shit 10 years ago I'm doing today
    And 10 years from now, so don't ask how or even why
    B-boy for life, fuck a suit and a tie
    Cuz I'll know I made a difference on the day that I die
    Aiyyo, I b-boy for life so fuck a suit and a tie

[youtube]jiWvfid9GQs[/youtube]

9. Acm

Acm Guest

I like The Clash and The Ramones too as well as the Sex Pistols

10. 101DeadRoses

Or Rage Against The Machine?

DO YOU EVEN PUNK?