1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doctor Who...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by AlexPanda94, Jan 13, 2015.

1. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

Okay so I am trying to watch Doctor Who again because it looks amazing and EVERYONE tells me I should watch it because I would love it. I am currently on season 1, episode 5 and I can't really get into it. I don't really know why but to me it seems kind of slow... My question(s) is/are did anyone else have this issue and does it pick up at all?
    - No spoilers please, I am bound and determined to watch this show regardless lol. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Fafner

It was like that for me as well, I think it was a bit hard to get into because it's such a large universe and mythology to get to know! It took a while before I knew who recurring characters were, and the stories behind them etc. The series becomes a lot more interesting once you have a bit of background on what's going on! :grin:

3. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

Okay, glad it's not just me lol!
    - Thanks Ghorgh.

4. pennylane1988

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It gets better! Keep on watching! :slight_smile: I didn't got into it until season 2. It was hard to ge through the first season. I enjoyed it a lot when I rewatched the series though.

5. TheDapperCorvid

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Season 1 (1963) or Series 1 (2005)? If you're starting from series 1, which is the 9th Doctor's era, it does get better, especially when the 10th doctor is introduced. It really starts to pick up by Series 2, and those are the episodes that drew me in. The mythology and story arcs are a lot to take in, but it becomes more beginner-friendly later on. I don't know about Season 1, though. I haven't watched any of the really early ones.

6. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

The newer one haha.

7. JayWalker

JayWalker Guest

It really gets good in season two and three!

8. Lazuri

Keep at it. It gets way better. The first series is a bit slow because literally nobody had any faith in it.

9. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

Thanks all,
    I haven't got a chance to watch anymore of Doctor Who since I am trying to finish up Breaking Bad but I am definitely going to keep watching it.

10. Jellal

I didn't like Season 1 that I watched from 2005. It built up a lot of interesting questions and the answers were just disappointing when we got them. Started Season 2 and it was kinda funny but not worth sitting through for the way the show is paced. I prefer integrally connected story arcs instead of the episodic stuff.

11. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Season one is kind of slow which is disappointing because Nine was pretty great, but it does get better. I adore Ten.

12. roryoswinpond

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah the first season drags, but as soon as you make it to David Tennant you'll be converted :slight_smile:

13. Lipstick Leuger

Personally, I became a Whovian at the Fourth Doctor, when I started to watch it at my Mothers knee. I have raised my children on it and converted my wife to it.

The reason you think it's slow is because you have no back story and are starting at the 9th doctor(which is also one of my favorites)instead of earlier doctors. The show is awesome, but you may benefit from getting an Anthology or Doctor Who Universe book so you are up to speed.