1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Author needs advice...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by brooklin, Jan 14, 2015.

1. brooklin

brooklin Guest

Hey everyone!

I'm new here. I'm an author and I work from home. With 5 books currently published on amazon/itunes/nook market, and another 2 due in the first quarter, I am strapped for time in marketing my book. What I need to be doing is throwing my name out there, but I have no time left after writing. Sales are great right now, but I want them to be fantastic.

I need a personal assistant who can work from their own home for just a few hours a week to basically keep up my social media, mail out marketing kits, and make phone calls to try to set up my book signings and appearances. I don't know where to look for such person. It's a job that anyone can do, and it wouldn't interfere with their regular life. I'm only asking for an hour or two a day and they don't even have to leave their home. Does anyone know of a site to find people looking for part time work from home? Everything I am finding looks scammish...

I have TONS of people I know who would like to do it but I no longer mix friendships with business--IT NEVER WORKS OUT WELL!

Please recommend something. I am buried here. :bang:

2. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

That is exactly what my roommate was hired to do for me... Actually want him to find other work so I'm not his sole source of income.

Found him on a particular gay/bi dating/hookup app. I would suggest craigslist though, either search for resumes, or put a posting with what you want.

Good luck.

3. brooklin

brooklin Guest

Thank you, I hadn't considered searching resumes on craigslist. Great suggestion!

4. Night Rain

Look up some websites for freelancers. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post some website links here... I do freelance work on oDesk.com. I think it's perfect for what you want to do.

5. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Wow, thank you for that website (I believe the biggest no-no is dating/hookup/social websites...)

I will be recommending that to my roommate. I wont be able to employ him for much longer (at least until I start finding customers for my software skills.)

6. brooklin

brooklin Guest

Thank you Night Rain and again, kindy14. My poor wife handles enough, as we own a publishing company together. She is essentially my editor and holds down a full time job as well.This was something I really didn't want to unload on her in addition to all the hard work she already does for our large family. I am checking into both of your recommendations. :grin:
    Also, what type of software skills do you have? I am looking for a web designer/host as well...

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Absolutewrite.com has a ton of resources for this sort of thing. I love that site.