1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A great anime....Is the creator of parasyte (Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu) vegetarian?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Straight ally, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    If you watch this gory but smart anime you will probably notice it too... I'm not vegetarian, and this anime havent changed my opinion... Yet I just find it very impressive how cleverly the creator of this makes and build a point throught this medium. If i where a vegetarian and i intended to use an indirect method of influence someone who eat meat, i woudl share this anime with that person.

Outside of this i love how this anime is at the same time visceral yet smart, how it makes you think and rethink about many topics, regarding life, morality, etc. it does this by mixing action, difficult situations, emotions along dialogues and even a class lecture ( when a concealed parasyte was listening to a lecture about altruism in animals).

The dialogues between the cold and logical alien 'migi' and the empathic human main character are very interesting.. They serve a lot to contrast 2 entirely different viewpoints, a human one, and alien( unempathetic and literally alienated) one.

Other anime that comes to mind that acheives is procces of making you question things would be monster, there probably are others but this two are the main cases i know and remeber right know

2. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: A great anime....Is the creator of parasyte (Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu) vegetari

I've been following this show religiously since it started airing and I love it. I do think it's an interesting interpretation of what the show is saying. I like to analyse what a show is doing thematically and I'm definitely going to look out for more nods to this when watching future episodes.

Another theme I see the show exploring is how we seem to think we're so different from all the other animals, yet do a lot of what they do anyway. Whichever way the viewer interprets it, it's a fascinating show none the less and I'm excited to see where it's going.

3. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: A great anime....Is the creator of parasyte (Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu) vegetari

How does it put forward the vegetarian viewpoint?
    I'm going to try and watch this... It sounds cool :slight_smile:. I've heard that its very sad though, is that true?

#3 Robert, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  4. Nikky DoUrden

I was thinking about watching it!
    Is it view-able for someone who isn't really into japanese-anime shows ?
    Is the philosophical conversations interesting enough to draw me away from the cartoon part ?

5. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I think part of getting you away from the cartoon part is just a matter of getting stuck in. It doesn't really make a difference once you start getting into it. Just remember that anime in general is a medium and not a genre. There are a lot of shitty anime out there, but that doesn't mean there aren't some truly phenomenal shows out there.

6. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic

I dont know , the story is good so it could pull you in... It also depends on where are you coming from, some people i know have said to me' oh i hate anime!' Until one day they see a great anime they like and they begin enjoying it... There are plenty of shitty animes filled with cliches and soap opera kind of drama, and so people exposed to those often conclude that anime sucks, but there are other animes that pretty smart, simbolical,with nice narrative, and even good dialogues.

In this case, the main interesting thing is watching the hardship and changes and dilemmas the protagonist have to go throught along a parasyte, depending each one of the other to survive but not being really friends(actually in other instances migy would just go full alien and eat shinichi , but he cannot longer do that). This main aspect is complemented with sprinkles of dialogues here and there... Also you have to be alert for certain metaphors along the story, i wont tell you cause it would be a spoiler but they are there, and not completely obvious but maybe you can spot them... If not, and if you watch the anime you could come here and ask me.

A warning, this anime contains gore, but the gore is not overused, it is just used to create the ambient of danger, to create the horror of predatory aliens that are hiding here and there, and to create raw emotions.

---------- Post added 17th Jan 2015 at 04:52 AM ----------

Umm i dont know how it ends, i have not read the manga i have just watched the anime, with is still in emission. Sad things happen but the atmosphere is not tragic, but it could develop into a sad ending.

---------- Post added 17th Jan 2015 at 04:53 AM ----------

My suggestion is to watch the first episode and see if it pulls you in.

---------- Post added 17th Jan 2015 at 04:55 AM ----------

By the way, did you spot the some politics are parasites of society metaphor :lol:

7. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I don't know this anime (though it sounds interesting), but the creator is most likely not vegetarian.

Vegetarianism is not common in Japan at all, and is mostly thought of as something foreigners do. There are very, VERY little vegetarians in Japan, and a lot of Japanese don't really even know what it is.