1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monsters Inc opinions.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by FlowerChild556, Jan 16, 2015.

1. FlowerChild556

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So the other night my step mom threw in Monsters Inc for my brothers. It reminded me the first time I watched it and how it wasn't weird at all that Mike and Sulley live together. But let's really think about it... Picard actually made a film where 2 guys lived together... like yeah one of them had a girlfriend but still kind of a break through. I'm personally dreaming of the day my Grandmother flips on her beloved hallmark movies and finds 2 women passionately kissing in the rain like I've had to endure while I've watch thousands of straight people do in movies. (No offense to the straight people here)
    (&&&)

2. Tohru-Chan

Ha. I loved Monsters Inc. Never really found it weird that two guys lived together though. Roommates happen. XD

That's why I like the show The Fosters though. I like that there is a lesbian couple and they are main characters but the show really isn't about them only, or their lesbian-ness. It's about their family.

I don't really like tv shows/movies that put too much attention on the fact that there is a gay person/are gay people.

3. Jellal

Yep, I think you have to be more than just gay to be interesting. Making gayness the complete basis for a character isn't really compelling to me. And when a "character" is just there to be gay it's almost like a spectacle piece, you sensationalize an attribute about someone rather than representing anything like a legitimately believable person

4. FlowerChild556

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah I agree too. Like I have met so many people that just want to date because they met another gay person. I always look for more but I'm just saying in tv and media it would be nice to see more sometimes. Like LGBTQA-etc. doesn't get many main storylines or romances that end well. Or an action movie about a superhero and just so happens to be gay. Instead it's always the same superman and Louis Lane. At least in my opinion.

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It seems a flight of fancy to imagine Mike and Sully as gay, but if they were, it would be a good portrayal for kids.