1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Book about long-term gay male couples

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Choirboy, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just started reading a book about long-term gay male relationships. The author (who's from the Milwaukee area, where I live) interviewed several dozen couples who've been together anywhere from 10 to 50 or 50 years, and talked about their experiences. They talk about how they met, how they keep the relationship fresh, love, sex, kids, religion, you name it. Really a beautiful read and I'd highly recommend it. It's called "Love Together:: Longtime Male Couples on Healthy Intimacy and Communication" by Tim R. Clausen.

Link to the page on Amazon: Love Together: Longtime Male Couples on Healthy Intimacy and Communication: Tim R. Clausen: 8601409607092: Amazon.com: Books

Here's the Amazon blurb. I highly recommend it.

How do male couples keep their relationship healthy and thriving for fifteen, thirty, even sixty years? Longtime couples share candidly in Love Together how they navigate issues of monogamy, intimacy, affection, communication, money, spirituality, marriage, and parenting. Included here are the first military couple in America to wed, a Catholic theologian, a pioneering Texas pair featured in a 1996 Life Magazine article, a practicing Buddhist couple who recently celebrated their 60th anniversary, two Paris-trained chefs turned international vintners, a Canadian couple who produce a line of gay erotic comics, a Christian pop-singing duo who became parents through surrogacy, a movie industry couple who met the day World War Two ended, and more. With hundreds of years of collective experience, these couples share their life wisdom and offer practical advice for singles who want to find a lasting love relationship. Samples and more at Love Together Book by Tim Clausen