1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mac OS X on a PC

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Miaplacidus, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I did it. It's running rather slowly but it works. I'm making this post from my computer, running OS X v10.4 "Tiger" at the moment.

I should post a screen capture... if I only knew how to capture my screen on OS X, lol.

2. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Nice job :wink:

I'm trying to set up an Ubuntu and Vista dual boot using 2 seperate hard drives....except the hard drive SATA connecter snapped :frowning2: .

3. Apocalypte

I thought it was hilarious the first time I saw OS X running on a Dell PC!

Screen capture should be apple + shift + 3, not sure what the apple maps to on a non-Apple keyboard though. I used to use that key combo so much when taking silly WoW screenshots... :slight_smile:

4. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was going to put OSX on my PC just to see what it's like but Vista x64 and Ubuntu 8.04 x64 work fine for me and well.. I don't see the point of wasting a heap of hard drive space on an OS which doesn't have nearly as many applications available as the others.

Still, I'm interested in seeing how it runs and stuff, considering that a lot of the hardware is different to the Macs.

What processor and graphics card do you use?

5. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^Also.. How much RAM do you have in your PC? But for the OSX interface speed, CPU and (to a lesser extent) GPU are the main factors.

6. tm74

tm74 Guest

UK Tech website "The Register" posted a nice article about how to do this... worked first time for me on an Intel Q6600 Core 2 Quad, GeForce 8800 GT graphics, and 3Gb of RAM. The only thing I didn't get working was my soundcard (Soundblaster X-Fi series)

I'm back on Vista now 'cos I like to listen to music when I'm online... but that was no problem as I used an old hard drive I had lying around to try it...