1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Musicians here on EC?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by CyberScream, Jan 17, 2015.

1. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love music. I love to write and compose it. And play it. I wanna see how many musicians are here. And I want to know what you play, and the equipment. The styles and genres you play.

Yes. FL studio programs count for those who compose hip hop and techno.

I play the bass, the guitar, and I do vocals. Singing and screaming. I also can play the Violin. I want to learn how to play piano.

I own 3 electric guitars.
    A Jackson Rhodes personally customized guitar with a Floyd Rose set up. (It's named the Frankenstein. Because it was practically junk. But my friend and I kinda fixed it up using parts from his garage. and other guitars.) I also own an Epiphone SG-400 with a whine red finish. (Sexy guitar that I named Adrianne.) As well as an Dean Dave Mustane United Abominates signature series V. Plays good... but the nut is broken.

I own a cheap acoustic guitar. It plays but it's crap.
    I own an Ibanez TR series bass. The pick-ups are about shot.
    A Pevey PV-12 microphone. Brass and high powered.

And now my amps. I have an Orange Tiny Terror Tube Amp Combo. It may be small, but I can rock a small venue with it. It shakes my house. And I also own 100 Watt Crush BXT solid state bass amp. Cool thing about this is it can also be used as a keyboard amp.

I like to know what you all have.

2. im learning uke if that counts

3. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a fender squire stratocaster and a small amp. To be honest I don't really like playing guitar though.

I'd love to be able to get some drums, but my parents would probably freak out if I even asked them

4. Fafner

I play the cello, so I have an east german cello, about 50 years old, and a slightly younger german bow. I also have a simple sound card.

I used to have a Korg R3, but I sold it a while back. At some point I really want to get either a Dave Smith Prophet8, or an Access Virus. Right now I have an m-audio midi-keyboard and an Eigenharp pico, and I do a bit of audio/music programming.

5. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nice... wish I could do what you do as well. I'd make beautiful sound as the background to some heavy guitar riffs. Panting a musical picture one note at a time.

6. RadioRoss

Howdy!!!

I'm still kinda finding my sound, but i guess you could say it's alternative? Right now I'm just experimenting and learning about recording and whatnot. I get a lot of inspiration from Radiohead Elliott Smith, if that tells you anything...course, im no where near as good as any of those guys... I posted the second song ive recorded on here in this forum, but it may have disappeared :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I play the guitar as well, I've got an acoustic guitar (an Epiphone, red pickguard. It was a used guitar, so it's got a few dents in it, but it sounds good ) and an electric guitar(a jaguar, white with a red pickguard...a really pretty guitar). I love em both :grin:

I've also got a bass guitar, just a basic fender one i think, nothing to special, but it works.

I've got a harmonica and a melodica, both awesome instruments that i should use more often.

I have a yamaha keyboard, that i should really put to use and try to learn how to play. Maybe just figure out how to do simple chord progressions or something so i can add cool synth stuff to my music. xD

The amp that i use is a Lunchbox amp, which gets its name from its size. Tis a small thing, but it sounds fantastic.

More my mic, i use an Electro voice 635. It's a hand-me-down, and it's a small, sort of dirty looking thing. It's vintage, and it shows, but it sounds all good.

To record, I use my macbook air with garageband on it, and a focusrite audio interface thingy...I'm glad garageband has presets for drums, because I dont have a kit yet....I'd really like one x)

Oh yeah, and i love singing.

#6 RadioRoss, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  7. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

I play the guitar and sing pretty well.

8. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I am a singer and songwriter, planning to be in a visual kei band in Japan.

9. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  10. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I play bassoon and sing :grin: I love to compose as well

11. nevers

Out Status:
    All but family
    I've been told I can sing pretty well, most people say from 1-10 I'm an 8 or so. I play all percussion and I play viola. I know how to play violin and cello too. I'm learning guitar soon and would love to learn bass. I'm getting better at piano as I normally just play xylophone etc at school.

I use Vic Firths for drumsticks and Remo drumheads. I believe my drumset is a yamaha and I use Symbian cymbals. I would like to be a singer, drummer, or guitarist for a band some day but I'm still young.

12. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I mess around in various music programs and create weird combinations of techno, drum & bass, and psychedelic trance. I made really, really bad trance music when I was a kid. It all began with Music 2000.

I used to sing clean vocals when I was a kid. Now I just growl. My throat hurt until I figured out proper technique. I can't do brutal death metal vocals. I usually find black metal easier to sing along to.

13. Ryujin

I have a Washburn RB 2000 bass guitar, which I love. It's seen some use before in a doom metal band as it's second hand, and it's a bit battered, but it serves me well.

I have a Fender Rumble 15 bass amp, again, second hand, but it serves its purpose.

I have an "Ultra Bass Chorus BUC400" Behringer bass pedal, a chorus effect, if you hadn't guessed. I have a "Bass Overdrive BOD400" overdrive pedal, and a "Digital Delay DD400" delay pedal, both Behringer. I also have a Behringer "Chromatic Tuner TU300" which I use as an aid for tuning. I'm looking into getting a distortion pedal and maybe a few other effect things.

I have a Harley Benton HBV 800BK electric acoustic violin which I am attempting to teach myself, in an effort to play something a little non standard in rock/metal and maybe some folk metal. This goes with a Harley Benton HBAC-20 Acoustic amplifier, which I use for amplifying the violin. I'd like to look into getting some effects pedals or whatnot in the future, either a chorus or distortion Ik thinking.

I have a Xenyx Q1002USB USB Mixing board which has yet to be set up so I have fuck all clue what to do with it.

I have a Behringer ULTRAVOICE XM8500 which also has yet to be set up, so I don't have a clue with that about that.

I play a variety of different types of music, though usually rock or metal. I learn the baselines to a lot of rock songs, but the majority of music I write myself is some form of metal, sometimes power metal and sometimes, not, power metal. On the violin I intend to play a lot of folk and fiddle music, but a few bits of classical music. As I said, I intend to use it for folk metal which is one of my favourite metal subgenres, so I guess it would be beneficial to be capable of playing good folk music on it.

You've gotten me interested in naming my bass now.

What should I call it...

14. MissBookworm

MissBookworm Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Piano is my main instrument. I only play classical music, but I listen to a wide variety of it: rock, heavy metal, pop, etc. I've gone through a lot of instruments, but the piano is the first and only one I've stuck with. I'm okay at singing, maybe a 6 or a 7 on a 1-10 scale.

15. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Guitar, bass, learning drums, and can fiddle around a bit on piano. I also use FLStudio to create beats and make other interesting sounds. I have used Audacity in the past to record, which is great for a free program, but having switched to Pro Tools recently I don't see myself ever going back. I've used Guitar Pro 5 to compose things in the past too.

Between my brother and I we have six guitars: a Sigma acoustic, an Alvarez acoustic-electric nylon string, two Austin Strat copies, a Fender Telecaster Special which is simultaneously the simplest set-up and best sounding by far, and a mysterious Eddie Durham Guitar Research hollow-body electric (my baby).

Got an Ibanez jazz bass. Classic Ludwig 4-piece trap set with Sabian cymbals. A Yamaha keyboard, don't remember the model number, as well as a Korg Kaossillator synthesizer/sequencer. My mom also has an accordion tucked away in a closet somewhere, so I've been thinking of busting that out for recording purposes.

An awesome old Peavey tube amp, a pretty good sounding Line 6 solid state, Roland keyboard amp, three bass amps (Behringer, Nemesis, Orange), and a little Crate amp.

M-Audio M-Track Quad interface, along with 4 Shure SM-57 mics, a Shure Beta-52A kick drum mic, and a condenser mic.

All of this stuff has been accumulated over more than a decade, acquired through either our own payment, through gifts, bargains/discounts/deals, and or just finding unused stuff that people had left around with no intent to get them back.

16. WallWeed

Mhmm. I'm a music composition major, my principal is piano (6 years), but I have a double secondary in percussion (3 years) and clarinet (2 years). Outside of the academia world, I play acoustic and electric guitar (9 years). As for gear, I'm using mostly the school's gear for my piano and percussion needs, seeing as I live in the practice rooms, but I have a Schecter Damien electric playing out of a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT, and a Seagull S6 acoustic (my baby).

As for styles, I'm a huge film score nut (I'm an aspiring film score composer, so no shame). I listen to (and play) a lot of classical/concert works too; Chopin, Stravinsky, Bartok, Debussy, Rachmaninoff, etc... Also, metal (particularly symphonic metal), celtic, a bit of jazz, some folk stuff; I've got a rather eclectic taste. Oh! And acoustic fingerstyle guitar pieces (รก la Candyrat) are my thing. I can sit around and play Andy Mckee on my acoustic all day, so great.

17. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    My biggest dream is to become an opera singer... I've been taking singing lessons for almost 7 months and I still can't sing Gangdam Style :sigh:

I feel so frustrated right now

18. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go for it and I'd be one of your fans.

19. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I love music. I sing (alto), and I can play piano, clarinet, and I'm teaching myself guitar now. I would love to learn bass. The guitar I have is an acoustic Yamaha but it's crap. I got it for $20 so you can imagine the quality. I enjoy playing everything. For the clarinet, I've always had the most fun with classic and jazz. Piano I most do show tunes. Guitar, everything easy for now!

20. lemonde

lemonde Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    i love to write and record music. i use a squier strat, ibanez bass, a bunch of pedals, alesis elec drum kit, and a focusrite 8i6. i use an mxl v67g for vocals and garageband/audacity to edit.

i used to have an amazing 1964 fender mustang but like a ninny i sold it.. and now all i have left is a squier i bought for 50$ lol