1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chris Crocker IS ON THE LOOSE; ARE U SCARED YET? <.<

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by sexyalex, Oct 28, 2008.

1. sexyalex

HOLA EC!!!

hahaha i have not been here for awhile i know. No one misses me anyways so :lol:
    Anyhow, I am here today to share Chris Crocker's new song, single, album i am not entirely sure YET but he sent it to all his myspace fans and I love it allot.

I mean i am all for hitting out, all who know me will know that i am all for taking over the world/club/sene, kinda person. However this single has a more edgy flavour which markets crockers ultimate joy for being a high ecstasy, body licking open sex freak. So his new Album is called "Mind in the Gutter" and his debut track "Mind in the gutter" has a bit of a pop/techno/rap flavour. Idk, but i guess its just the catchy spunk and awesome lyrics that got me.

As my grandmother always say, there is a time and place for everything and right now, its Chris Crocker B:***:h :wink:

check it out :slight_smile:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7xZpxyuX9U&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

enjoy :slight_smile:

oh may i have unbiased comments please :slight_smile:

2. BeautifulStranger

No way...
    I laughed so hard I peed a little bit.
    This is almost as bad as Heidi Montag being a singer...

I'm sorry, but I see one-hit wonder written all over this.
    BTW, you realize only 2% of that is his voice... right?

3. Janvier

^well it's 100% his voice, it's just been EQ'd, compressed, filtered, echoed, reverberated, and over-autotuned. There's possibly more effects but those are pretty standard in modern music production. Kanye West is one of the few artist who has a very natural sounding voice with imperfections and all.

I love Chris Crocker but music is art and for me, this isn't art.

4. Myke

Myke Guest

1 word... ew

5. Janvier

I found 10 examples of Auto-tune abuse here
    Dixie Chicks
    T-Pain
    Avril Lavigne
    Uncle Kracker
    Maroon 5
    Natasha Bedingfield
    Sean Kingston
    JoJo
    Rascal Flatt
    New Found Glory

6. I'm going to pretend that I never read that. I can almost stomache Natasha Bedingfield being insulted. Avril Lavigne's name up there made my heart stop. But the DIXIE CHICKS? I love the Dixie Chicks :frowning2:

Only joking lol. Each to their own opinions.

7. BeautifulStranger

I actually love the Dixie Chicks

I cry whenever I hear their song 'Traveling Soldier' because I think of Mike

8. Janvier

It was more a statement of fact that an attack, just goes to show that everybody does it. It still doesn't make it cool, Cher pioneered that technique (by accident) and it should have stayed there.
    "Can't sing? No problem at all, we have auto-tune !! You'll be a talentless star in minutes :grin:"
    Auto-tune isn't necessarily a bad tool but too much (or misuse) of anything is a bad thing (except for hot guys :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

Anyway, sorry for getting a little off-topic..
    This song sounds like mix between a down-tempo Britney and Timbaland's 'The Way You Are', except Timbaland is a God-like Producer.
    Jon Asher produced this song and listening to his one and only 'hit' everything becomes clear :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oh and Dubb Sicks released an album called 'Mind in the Gutter' first (last month), it's still boring, generic, uninspired rap tho.

#8 Janvier, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  9. Jerr

Am I the only person who thinks that sounds like Ms. Spears?

...he still creeps me out and I could have lived my life a bit happier without hearing it.

EDIT: Before anyone comments on the fact I listened... I was giving him a chance.... and he failed.

10. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  11. It is very catchy but ....come on who am I kidding? lol

I still like him :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. sexyalex

hmm, idk. Some say its a catchy song, some say its awful.

some say they are looking forward to a music video, some say they don't want to hear him sing again.

All entitled to their own opinion :slight_smile:

for me? Chris Crocker rules. I think Mind in the Gutter is a cool song.
    When it all boils down digitalisim is something that is very popular in pop music today and whether the person uses 60% or 30% of their voice in the song the fact remains the song is a fun, catchy song.

yea, you know...its just music,and music dosn;t have to be sining with this sterotypical perfect vocals only but w/e...

#12 sexyalex, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  13. LostAddict

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The fact remains that it's pathetic if this song becomes famous. Cause it's an absolutely awful song that Chris Crocker clearly had little to do with, and I can guarantee put little to no actual creative work into (then again, I doubt he has the intelligence to even create lyrics such as these).
    The only thing that might be genuinely his in this song are the lyrics, which are just generic, lame and uninspired.
    The voice has been sfx'd like mad, he clearly had no involvement in the actual beat/harmony (which is what makes it so catchy). It's all been over-produced and he just okay'd it.

It's sad that actual talented musicians won't gain anywhere near the amount of money he'll gain for this crap. So sad.

</end rant>

Plus I just generally hate him.

14. Quitex

Quitex Guest

I actually like it.