1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anime rehab

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Ryu, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Ryu

Ryu

Well... I know that a fair few of yall guys watch anime. I don't know but have a hunch that most of you guys have gone through a space in time where you have just watched anime so much it's gone to your head and you go bat **** insane, like Azura in the last episode(s) of Avatar. So, to make you 'somewhat more sane', I thought it'd be fun to share your stories of going crazy!

My story begins on last saturday. I had seen a couple people here saying avatar's pretty good, so I started watching it. I finished the entire series in three days. Now it's all gone to my head. Really. Earlier today at school I genuinely thought I was prince Zuko. Sure for about 5 seconds but... Yeah... Now I have to watch legend of korra.

Just thought this'd be amusing.

2. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    When I watched Death Note, it was recommended to me by an acquaintance. I wasn't really into anime at the time, but I thought I would give it a try. I was on the computer for hours on end. I skipped all my homework and watched as much as I could before I went to bed. For three days I was stuck because it was so good. It was the BEST story of right vs wrong and justice vs evil that I have ever seen. I read the manga and watched the anime - perfect 10/10. Story was great, character development was great, suspense was PERFECT, and I must say it was the best anime I have ever watched. And that's the story on how I came to love anime.

As for Avatar, it's funny because it's not actually an anime. hehe

3. Ryu

Ryu

Alright, just started legend of korra! I'm already crying because everyone except Katara dies... Why must you be so cruel?

4. crazycat

Out Status:
    A few people
    Ugh I went through a super annoying and embarrassing weeaboo phase from ages 12-14. I would call people I didn't like "Baka!" and use it like one would use shit or fuck, I called my friends ____-Chan or _____-Kun, I would talk about moving to Japan and becoming a manga-ka, I would be obsessed with Japanese holidays and customs and....Yeah pretty much a stereotypical annoying weeaboo. You could argue that I was still kinda a weeaboo when I was around 15-18, I was obsessed with Visual Kei and wanted to look like a J-rock star and I was still obsessed with manga and anime, but at that point I stopped with most of the obvious weeaboo traits like calling people ____-chan and wanting to move to Japan. Around this age I was also obsessed with AtLA, and I was interested into anything Asian, not just east Asia but also India, the Philippines, Thailand. I actually had an OC who was a non-bender from an island that was based on a mixture of Philippine and Thai cultures.

Me and my friends joke that I'm still a weeaboo at heart since I'm obsessed with Hetalia and I still really like Japanese things, but IDK to me a legit weeaboo is someone who overly idealizes Japan. Eh sometimes I use it as a term of endearment like nerd or asshole or little shit too though....

---------- Post added 26th Jan 2015 at 05:17 PM ----------

I don't wanna /totally/ spoil it for you, but there are a couple of the main cast other than Katara who are alive. Not going to tell you who, you'll find out soon enough.

5. Ryu

Ryu

[/COLOR]
    I have a hunch Zuko night still be alive because in the opening the firebender has the crown...

Oh yeah, I've decided to teach myself (really really bad) chi blocking like Ty Lee. It should work in practice. I tried it on my sister on the inside of her elbow which made her lose all feeling in her lower arm, so I'm not completely mad... I keep missing the pressure points though and I just jab the air...

#5 Ryu, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  6. Jellal

The moment I became wholly obsessed was when I got into watching One Piece, staying up all night during the summer before 11th grade to watch episodes online. The moment I was hooked for sure was when Luffy took down Arlong. Just like that, I was a part of his crew for the long haul, and I was in for such a damn joyride of laughs and tears. Never looked back.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Obsessed would be a strong word, because I never out right flaunted that aspect. I'd usually catch something on television, and that be that.

However, I watched the first 60 episodes of Bleach in, like, a week, one summer. Then a lot of episodes of Naruto, one summer, over three months. There was an all 26 episode marathon of Cowboy Bebop, on Adult Swim, over the course of three days. I also watched Avatar: The Last Airbender, all week long, when they were leading up to the finale. Other than those, I've never binge watched, and those last two, were over an extended amount of time.

I don't know if I have it in me, to do that again, despite the many recommendations I've received.

8. Ryu

Ryu

I didn't know where to put this but I thought it's funny so...
    I was just watching the three episodes of TG root A I missed and I almost died of a sick, somewhat immoral, laughter, 'cos there's this sxene in episode 5 where something has to get censored! In Tokyo Ghoul! Man, if it wasn't censored, just imagine it! It must of been pretty graphic for it to get censored... Shame it was...