1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone play the ukulele?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GlindaRose, Feb 2, 2015.

1. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just started playing the ukulele this month and it's the most fun thing I've ever done! I love it so much. I swear it's designed to make you feel good. And it's not too difficult to play either.

Anyone else?

2. littlemonster11

I'm not a pro at the ukulele, but I can play quite a few songs on it. I took it up maybe 2-ish years ago. It's fun to play, for sure! :slight_smile: I play it whenever my classes are stressing me out too, or if my anxiety is getting to me.

3. 8Knight8

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i love ukulele :slight_smile: i keep mine in my truck and play on lunch while i'm at school. it's much easier to carry that than trying to lug a full size guitar around.

4. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I started playing a couple of months ago, and totally love it. I have to admit to ignoring my guitar since getting a uke. Barring frets is just so much easier, and songs sound so much happier. :grin:

5. eggsessential

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've tried a few songs with one, but I find that it is pretty difficult. Keep on practicing though! :slight_smile:

I've been playing this Ukrainian instrument called a balalaika since I was little, which is like a small guitar with three strings but with a ukulele I could only get a really butchered version of kalinka out! I would like to learn someday how to really play one, I find that they are very beautiful instruments!

6. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been learning 'Burn' by Ellie Goulding and consequentially am already driving everyone in my hall of residence crazy by practising non stop.

Also, I was wondering, how do you guys strum? I've been trying to figure out how to get the best sound possible. At the moment I've been using the top of my thumb. I think a lot of people use their second finger? I tried it that way but didn't like it much...