1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone seen the documentry film Bridegroom

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by musicman1982, Feb 4, 2015.

1. musicman1982

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I saw this film ages ago and it still is etched in my mind. For those of you who haven't seen it, GO! and watch it. To sum it up, it's about a gay couple, who had a very unfortunate and unexpected situation that ended up being so sad and tragic. This film explains why marriage equality is important for the LGBT community in a diplomatic fashion, the only website I know that has it is netflix. Type in Bridegroom: Movie, I think.

For those of who of you who have seen it, what did you think of it?

2. ANewDawn

Yes, I was crying when I heard about it, before even watching it.

3. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I was balling my eyes out. Such a powerful film.

4. musicman1982

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I found it hard to watch, when I first watched it. But I stuck out through the whole thing. It's so sad that this still goes on. But the LGBT community REIGNS SUPREME!! IN YO' FACE HOMOPHOBES!!

5. Disappear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I watched it a while ago on Netflix with my mom. We both cried our eyes off.

Tbh, it wasn't that well made a document, I mean the quality of it could have been better and the type of it it was kinda scandal seeking.. Anyway, the subject is very sad but true and the document carries an important message.

6. Hiems

Yes, I've seen it. I knew Shane's story before watching this documentary because I saw his YouTube video.

I cried a lot from watching it because it was really sad.

It also made me angry because people dismiss bigotry as an opinion but fail to see what consequences it has on the LGBT community. Watching this movie sheds light on what happens when you refuse to accept others for who they are and who they love. Hopefully, people have a change of heart after watching this documentary.

7. musicman1982

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I totally agree Hiems, that some people do not understand either through hate, ignorance or even both. I saw the Youtube video as well. There hasn't been any coverage of Bridegroom in the UK here at all, the only time bridegroom was shown or even mentioned was when Shane came to London, because of England accepting gay marriage. I'm sure this documentry will live on.

To Disappear, I realise everyone has a right to an opinion. You know I could be naieve in saying this, but I disagree. It doesn't matter how the documentry was shot or looking at other little things that anyone thinks they feel need to be improved. The big message is that one person is speaking for the world population. Because, if anybody else doesn't then we will get ignorant, idiotic people who are against gay marriage or homosexuality saying, "Oh they are only doing things to make money." Or "They are only doing this to rub it in their faces." You know, your opinion is your opinion. But, regardless or not, this is proving and changing people's mind throughout not only America but the world.

8. Disappear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I see what you mean, and I totally agree with you. :slight_smile: The film has an extremely important message, and I wish it gained more publicity in the media.

9. musicman1982

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow I made such a huge mistake, this is what I mean by one of the lines If anybody else doesn't then we will be fighting against ignorant, idiotic people who are against gay marriage..." Wow dammit.

10. kem

kem

ugh, I tried to watch it, but I had to stop at 5 minutes because I really didn't like the melo-dramatic tear-jerking thing it had going on. Yeah I'm sure it had an important message, still not gonna watch it though.