1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much TV?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dave, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Dave

As you may have noticed from my posting in this section, I watch a lot of TV.
    In a day generally I spend Eight hours watching TV (Because I live in the middle of nowhere).
    How much TV does everyone else watch?

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I barely watch the boobtube. I often go a few days not even turning it on once.

3. ArcaneVerse

I go through phases so sometimes i like do nothing but watch tv, sometimes im only on the computer, sometimes i get really into a book or i do a mix o and a bit of xbox here and there.

but over all i watch way too much tv.

4. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I only watch CNN -- and that's usually for a couple hours a day. Unless I'm hanging out with some friends and we watch a show or a movie.

5. Poring

The TV in our house is usually always on as long as there is someone here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Tho I spend more time in front of the PC, or PS3, I still 'try' to watch the nightly news :grin:

6. Janvier

I hate TV, I have 3 screen but I never turn them on, they're not even plugged in. I've used Zattoo on my computer once.
    When I go to my friends house, they always have the TV turned on and for some reason I can't take my eyes off of it.. Even when it's broken with the same picture going from right to left with psychedelic colors :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. davo-man

Hmm....Actual live television, not too much. Like, there are a few shows that I watch EVERY week and get annoyed if I forget about them. These are Spicks and Specks, The Movie Show with David Stratton and Margaret Pomeranz (Oh, that Marg cranks my bolt with that husky smokers voice and hair that never changes ;D), The British Apprentice and Packed to the Rafters. The rest of the time, I don't really care if it's on or off.

However, I watch HEAPS of DVDs, esp DVDs of old TV shows, like Scrubs, Arrested Development, Friends, Futurama, Just Shoot Me, etc etc etc (old as in older seasons of them). I can usually get through a season of Scrubs or Arrested Dev. in a week and by now know a few of the episodes off by heart, sadly.

Most of the time, I'm on my comp, either on FaceBook, on here, or on Youtube. It's a great way to procrastinate!

But to answer your original question (which was "If you think you're a moth, why are you in a dentist's office"), the answer is probably 5 or so hours a weeks...And extra points to anyone that can tell what the answer to the moth question is!

8. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I generally watch only a few TV shows. Each weeknight I watch Neighbours and then Will & Grace, so there's an hour there mon-fri.. Sunday I watch Australian Idol and Rove, so 2 hours each sunday Monday I watch the Australian Idol Verdict and Good News Week, so 2 hours.. Tuesday I watch NCIS and Rush, so another 2 hours there. And that's it.
    So Sunday is 2 hours, Monday is 3, Tuesday is 3, and then Wed-Fri is 1 hour. Saturday I generally don't even watch TV at all.

I used to watch Boston Legal and Desperate Housewives, but the Channel 7 put them in horrible timeslots. >.<

But I generally do work while watching TV. I've got a TV tuner in my PC and 2 monitors, so I generally have my TV shows going in one monitor while I work in the other. Very efficient on time. :grin:

Edit: I just realised.. All these TV shows I currently watch air on the one network. :S

#8 George1, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  9. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I rarely watch tv, probably max an hour a week... I spend way to much time on the computer though

10. BlueRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I watch maybe two or three tv shows, and my tv is hardly ever on. Though, if you count anime I watch on my computer then that number skyrockets. But we won't, so maybe two or three hours a week, depending. Though usually when I go home my mom or sister has the tv going, but I don't actually watch that most of the time.

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Right now, I only watch on Sunday nights unless something interesting is happening with the election. I watch Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives, and Brothers and Sisters. When Big Brother and American Idol are on, I watch those. Tonight I'm planning on watching the Saturday Night Live special. ( or at least taping it for later)

12. Apocalypte

To be completely honest, I don't really like TV. There are a few shows I enjoy, but I'll mostly watch them online.
    My average is probably about 30 minutes of TV a day to watch the 6pm news.

13. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't watch TV at all.

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On an average day? Roughly an hour. I stare at the screen for thirty minutes while exercising, which may be just the WiiFit screen, or 80s music videos if I'm jogging. Then I usually watch a show in bed before going to sleep.

Lex

15. RonApple

RonApple Guest

I don't really watch TV, might watch it while im w8ing for the kettle to boil. Kinda find if boring these days. I prefer watching series on PC.

16. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

An hour or so a day, depending on what's on. There's a program about the Titanic on Channel 4 in about an hour which sounds interesting though...

17. interstella

I don't watch much TV, apart from Scrubs, Friends, South Park and Top Gear. I play xbox a lot though, and I'm always on my computer. Does that count?

18. OOh, I'm gunna watch that ^_^

Lol.

Or maybe I'll watch it on 4od..depending on whether i can be bothered turning on the tv or not when it comes to 9pm lol.

19. jazzrawr

Probably a couple hours a week.
    I have like...3 shows I like to watch, and that's pretty much it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Usually I PVR them though, so my satellite records them for me until I can watch them. I can never turn on the tv on time. XD

20. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It'll be on Channel 4+1 at 10pm (if you have Freeview or Sky) :slight_smile: