1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you'r not already, you need to watch the Flash

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by warholwendy, Feb 18, 2015.

1. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's my example of a comic book adaptation done RIGHT; It doesn't just ignore anything from the comics that would just be silly in live action, it modifies those elements so that they fit the show's more grounded world. I say grounded because it doesn't really come off as realistic (so far we've had freeze guns, two people being fused together as one person, and the recent episodes are even playing with the idea of time travel) but it doesn't come off as ridiculous because they do make an attempt at explaining it all, even if it's entirely possible that none of the science is actually true and they're just using technobabble to fool us. At any rate it's fantastic. One of the best adaptations of a comic there is.

2. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is quite an awesome show, the only thing they haven't gotten down 100% is that the flash is not as funny as he usually is. Other than that though it's fantastic.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The "funny Flash" is Wally West, the third person to wear the costume. The series isn't about Wally, it's about Barry Allen, the second person to wear the costume, who isn't known for being very comical. Barry is more of a professional in his mannerisms, as opposed to Wally.

Wally is my favorite Flash, by the way.

4. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My bad, I'm not very well read on the different Flashes personalities. I for some reason have always thought the funny one was Barry. (though now I know Wally is)

Ps: I just remembered a song about Barry, it's called the "Ballad of Barry Allen" by Jim's Big Ego. It's good, but also quite depressing.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

If you asked me about the comics nowadays, I'd be very rusty. I stopped reading them heavily, back in 2002ish, and now only keep basic tabs on certain story lines or characters. So, I'm not as well read anymore.

I suspect the reason the song is sad is, is because Barry Allen sacrificed himself many years ago, to save the DC Universe. It was one of the biggest events in the comic company's history, too, and which allowed Wally to step up as the Flash full time.

As a Flash fan, I may prefer Wally, but I'll take about anything. The Flash isn't Superman or Batman level unfortunately, so when something related to them appears, it's to be cherished.

That said, I haven't seen enough to really judge the series. But what I have seen, it seems decent enough. A proper viewing is on my To Do List.

6. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I watch the show, and I really like it. Even though I usually think movie and TV show adaptions aren't as good as the source material (i.e. taking to many liberties), The Flash has been good so far.

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never heard of it. Is it available in the UK