1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Music!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RadioRoss, Feb 20, 2015.

1. RadioRoss

Bjork has come out with her new album Vulnicura, which I still havent listened to yet, and Blur is going to be coming out with their new album The Magic Whip soon! Any new music that will be coming out/has come out that you're excited about? (!)

2. pointofnoreturn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been waiting FOREVER for Lorde's second album. Pure Heroine was so good. Is Bjork in any way similar to her?

3. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Madame Edwarda, my favourite band, apperantly has a new album coming out, last time they had a new album was in the 80's. I can't wait! Apperantly they preformed one of their new songs in their last live of 2014, but of course I wasn't able to see it as I am thousands of kilometres away from them...

4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm waiting for:
    *New Eddie Vedder album
    *New Pearl Jam album
    *New Fionn Regan album

And wait for it, guilty pleasure:
    *New Shania Twain album. Except I'm kinda excited, kinda scared for this one. I hope she goes to her more countryish, less autotune ways. But probably not.

5. AAASAS

I've been waiting on Fakear to release some new shit forever.

6. Acm

Acm Guest

The new Blur album!! :icon_bigg

And the new Modest Mouse album but I'm mostly excited about Blur.

7. Ryu

Ryu

Waiting for a new Rammstein album with their new stuff and mein land. It sucks that the latest Rammstein album is a bootleg... The newest one other than that is 2009...

8. RadioRoss

I know! I'm super excited. Have you heard the song they released?

9. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    FALL OUT BOY! American Beauty/American Psycho! :love: It came out a month ago, but dear lord...I already have tickets to their show!!!!!!!!!! :grin:

10. Acm

Acm Guest

Yeah, I thought it was really good!

11. tulipinacup

I encourage you to listen to Vulnicura. I think it's one one her most personal album. Tracks you need to listen to are Atom Dance, Lion Song and Stonemilker.

Sleater Kinney's new album is fucking awesome. Haven't heard of their older work but I'm definitely going to check it out after hearing this:
    Sleater-Kinney - A New Wave [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube

I'm also on the look out for Kendrick's new album and hopefully Frank Ocean releases his 3rd(?) album.

---------- Post added 21st Feb 2015 at 12:12 PM ----------

I also forgot to mention Laura Marling and Pj Harvey. I think this is going to be a great year for music.

12. RadioRoss

Oh wow...after listening to the album (and crying along the way) and reading up on it, (and getting close to tears again) I can definitely say that Bjork is still going strong! A friend of mine really likes Sleater Kinney, I'll have to check that album out!

13. tulipinacup

It's interesting that Bjork is nearly in her 50's that she releases a break up album (I guess it has a lot to do with her and Matthew Barney's split) which I'm not complaining at all because I think it's one of her best.

14. RadioRoss

In an interview I read, she mentioned how "teenager" it was, which I thought was pretty interesting of her to point out. But yeah, it has a lot to do with their break up. Black Lake is like a ten minute long beautiful middle finger to Matthew Barney...Totally! I was surprised at how amazing this album was, to be honest!

15. pointofnoreturn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You mentioned Laura Marling. I've only heard one song of hers, "Failure", and LOVED IT!!!! Any suggestions?

16. tulipinacup

Failure is on her debut album, "Alas I Cannot Swim" so I would suggest you to listen to Ghosts, New Romantic and Night Terror. I think she has matured from album to album for such a very young age.

I personally love her last album, "Once I was an Eagle". Like Bjork's Vulnicura, this is also a break up album.

If you compare her to Mumfords and Sons, you can see that Laura stuck to Folk genre and remains to be more musically interesting, Imo.

[YOUTUBE]XonJJbV54BE[/YOUTUBE]