1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dream Boy

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RemakeJake, Feb 22, 2015.

1. RemakeJake

Have you guys ever seen the movie Dream Boy?

SOMEWHAT OF A SPOILER ALERT (HIGHLIGHT THE FOLLOWING WHITE TEXT TO SEE CLEARLY): I RARELY get emotional with movies but I'm sitting here, after watching it, so sad that I can't even cry. I can't explain the feeling. That film was so, I don't even know. I'm sorry that I'm rambling and not making much sense but it's past midnight and I wanted to post my thoughts before they left my head by morning. This movie will stay with me for a long, long time; I know that much END OF SPOILER ALERT

What did you think of it?

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    is it any good?

3. RemakeJake

I would recommend it because of the impact that it had on me, an impact that I'm sure most viewers feel.

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    oh yea that movie, it was pretty sad to me really but im gonna try to look for the book to kinda compare

5. White Knight

I watched it and it was good.

For a moment I mistaken it for another movie which takes place in rural area which was more nightmarish... and probably more akin to my experiences as a gay teen.

6. RemakeJake

what? :icon_sad:

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've seen it and it was so sad. I hated that poor kids father but I thought his mother was awesome. Also after he died and the way he did i felt so bad for him just the ending was so sad. I didn't cry but it was sad but overall a good movie.

8. White Knight

The movie I meant was taking place in some rural setting with... hmmm I guess gay character was kinda mentally challenged... when his mother died he went completely out of track... started having sex with a boy... and his father maybe? Then the boy raped him... or did his father raped him... maybe both did it because he liked to wear his mother's cloths... forced him to do many demeaning things... then when he wanted to kiss the boy one day, boy said he ain't a fag and killed the boy... Happy ending. :confused:

That boy also had dream sequences in the movie. I can't be sure as I only watched it once years ago and tried so hard to forget that hideous story even existed... It is one of the possibilities but I don't even wish something like that on my worst enemy.