1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walking dead gay character

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by tommycee, Feb 22, 2015.

1. tommycee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How do you feel about the new gay character? Do you think it was necessary to add him in? Did you like him? He seems very likable and nice. :eusa_clap (!)

2. hernan286

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    God I missed the show today, If I'm not mistaken Daryl was suppose to be gay but they decided not to make hom gay. I need to watch the new wLking dead tomorrow.

3. AlamoCity

I actually like Aaron and like the fact that he's not exactly "stereotypical." You'd expect some people to think gay men aren't resiliant or strong enough to survive a zombie apocalypse, but they go on to show how wrong they are :lol:. We need these sort of (gay) role models on TV.

As for the "necessary to add," Aaron and his boyfriend Eric are "canonical" (in the original comics that serve as the basis for the TV series). As such, I don't feel that you could say that they are "necessary to add" in the sense that they were created just for television ratings or controversy, but simply following the path of the comics (with deviations, of course).

Also, it doesn't hurt that Aaron and Eric are pretty handsome and we have a chance to see some same-sex affection on prime time :wink:.

#3 AlamoCity, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  4. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    he's been in the comics before they even "think about adding" a gay character

5. YunoGasai

i was very happy when i first saw that he was gay. i even wanted to start a thread about it aswell XD

6. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG! I was seriously just about to make a thread about this! Hahaha! I love them! They are not the stereotype gay couple. In my opinion, they are better couples compared to Glenn and Maggie! XD GOSH! I now love TWD even MORE!!! I realy just hope Robert Kirkman wont kill them sooner. I would be devastated!

7. guitar

I think Eric and Aaron are cute, I'm all for it. :slight_smile: Besides, there's already Lesbian characters on the show, and gay characters in the video game as well.

8. Hiems

There are people who complained about the kiss and resorted to using slurs via Twitter. Not exactly surprised, but I am still annoyed. Straight people who complain about gay people are probably sexually insecure.

9. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Fun fact: it's the first time EVER that a comic book show has had a gay male couple. There's very few gay characters in general on comic book shows. There's plenty of lesbian characters, but very very few gay male characters. I can count them all on one hand. I guess it's because lesbian characters are not as threatening to the mainly straight and homophobic audience. The hypocrisy and the double standard makes me sick though. The gay kiss got a ton of complaints from redneck viewers however these same people had no issue with the lesbian couple. Freaking typical.

That's why there's lesbians on comic book shows like Black Sails, Arrow, Once Upon a Time, Agents of SHIELD, Gotham, The 100, The Walking Dead and the list goes on and on and on. This is just a list of ongoing shows with lesbian characters. I'd sit here all day if I listed them all.

Comic book shows in total through history with gay male characters: Warehouse 13 (sexless gay character), The Flash (sexless gay character), The Walking Dead (they got to kiss yay!), Black Sails.