1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movies and shows with stylish, over-the-top battle choreography?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lazuri, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Lazuri

Yupp, just like the title might indicate, I'm a huge fan of shows and movies with some crazy impressive and stylized battle choreography and I'm looking for some more of it, so if you've got some ideas, I'd like to hear them. Movies, TV shows, animes, whatever.

A good example of what I'm talking about is the Rooster Teeth webseries "RWBY" and if you don't know what RWBY is, you're about to be inducted.
    [YOUTUBE]ffKAjMyPOo0[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]bUClkZQyZEE[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]KIZ8lLtsQWo[/YOUTUBE]

2. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    While the Lord of the Rings had its small moments of these, The Hobbit really started delving into over-the-top territory with the Elves of Mirkwood. Legolas gets it especially bad in the second and third films of the trilogy. Honestly the Elves of Mirkwood could've been Jedi.

The only other big example that stands out to me are the battles from the anime Dragon Ball Z. Good lord, single battle in that series could last several episodes!

Oh. I almost forgot The Matrix, though it's somewhat justified in that the characters were manipulating a computer program to perform their superhuman feats.

#2 Elendil, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015