1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concert appreciation/memories thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RemakeJake, Mar 3, 2015.

1. RemakeJake

Have you guys been to a concert? What was your first, and how was the experience?! :slight_smile:

My first concert was Madonna in 2012. I was lucky enough to get a floor seat, and it was absolutely amazing. I was so overwhelmed and in shock :eek: (!)

That weekend, I made it a goal to try to win a Twitter contest for VIP tickets in Las Vegas, without knowing how I could get there. I won, and me and my Aunt sprinted to the computer, booked flights, and arrived to the show before she came on stage. She sang Like a Prayer with me that night and when she looked at me and smiled, my aunt said it looked like I saw a ghost, and that I almost fell back :roflmao:

I'm trying to go to her tour this year, but I'll have to figure out a few things first (first few rows are over 1700 dollars).

[​IMG]

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I'll post back here again when I've gone to the Marylin Manson live in May.

First concert ever, super excited.

3. chocolate dream

I love going to concerts.Nothing beats the atmosphere of being surrounded by other fans and seeing your fave artists live and in the flesh.My first concert was Five Star in 1986.

4. Lazuri

I only ever went to one concert and it was Gackt, a Japanese singer. I went with my fiancée who went as much for the drummer, who was normally the drummer for Luna Sea, one of her favorite bands.

Concerts aren't really my thing, but I'm really glad I went because about halfway through the performance Gackt grabbed one of the drummer's drumsticks, played a little with it and threw it out to the audience. I barely had time to react to him throwing it, but my hand shot up into the air and grabbed it perfectly.

I had to stop people from trying to steal it for the rest of the show, but I took it home with me.

5. timo

I've been to *looks at last.fm* 282 concerts and festivals, not including a lot of free stuff in my city.

The first band I ever went to see was Late of the Pier in November 2008. It was amazing, but you might've guessed that looking at the number above.

The band I've seen the most is Foals - I've seen them 9 times so far. Really hope they're playing again soon so I can round it up to 10.

Best bands I've seen live? Obviously Foals, but besides that I have a special place in my concert-heart for Portishead, Sigur Ros, Neutral Milk Hotel, Crystal Castles, Dan Deacon, The Knife and Future Islands.

Right now I have tickets to see Sleater-Kinney this month, and Purity Ring in april. There's a lot more stuff I want to see though, but money is an issue. Definitely getting tickets for Lo-Fang and some festivals that are coming up (Best Kept Secret in NL and Melt! in DE).

Are there any bands I really want to see live (again) some day? Yes - I'd kill to see Marina and the Diamonds. Was supposed to see her in Brussels a few years ago, but it got canceled :frowning2: I would also love to see Los Campesinos! again, and to see Late of the Pier reunite to relive my first concert experience. Besides that, I've seen all I want to see at the moment, or I'm going to see it later this year.

Craziest things? Seeing the Rolling Stones and Metallica, and being massively disappointed.

6. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been to 6 concerts or so. My first concert was Pat Metheny when he toured solo. It was an awesome concert.

The rest of my concerts have been more pop/EDM centered.
    My favorite concert by far has been ODESZA, who I saw in October last year. Their music creates such a great atmosphere.

I'm excited to see who decides to tour in 2015. I love concerts, so long as they're not over-priced.

7. Disappear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I love concerts, tbh they keep me alive. I always need to have something to look forward to. I'm a true fangirl with all my heart!

Best shows were when I went to see the UK tour of Evanescence in 2012, I went to all of the four shows and had the best week of my life. I went there with a girl I barely knew then, but now we're like best friends - she's really my soulmate.

I've seen Madonna twice and those have been mind-blowing concerts, both times I've managed to get close enough to get an eye contact with her. Going to see her Rebel Heart Tour later this year as well.

The greatest experience to me was still when I got onstage with Kylie on her latest tour. She is my idol and I'm also really hyped about her summer festivals - it's gonna be so different to her spectacular arena shows!

When I was a teenager I used to follow a band called Negative around my country, when the band was in town all my friends came to the show and we had a big reunion. We always counted the days to the gig :')

So yea I've been to many, many concerts and have seen nearly all my favourite acts live. Thanks to all these concerts and bands, I've made nearly all my most important friendships.

I'd be dying to see David Bowie, Spice Girls, Emeli Sande and Tegan and Sara. The two latter are actually possible!

8. RemakeJake

I'm definitely planning on going to the Rebel Heart Tour as well :slight_smile: too bad homegirl's not cheap :eusa_naug I love Kylie! Her new tour looks pretty simplistic compared to Les Folies

9. Disappear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know! I'm gonna spend all my money on her tickets now! *waves goodbye to money*

Aphrodite tour was such a big spectacle and it couldn't get any bigger than that. So Kiss Me Once tour had to be more simple and somehow intimate. I guess Anti Tour made Kylie see how sometimes less is more :slight_smile:

10. chocolate dream

A girl after my own heart :icon_bigg

---------- Post added 4th Mar 2015 at 05:51 PM ----------

@Disappear and @RemakeJake You guys are so lucky getting up close at Madonna gigs! Im hoping to get the chance on this tour.Thank God i have savings!

---------- Post added 4th Mar 2015 at 05:52 PM ----------

Kylie was amazing on her recent tour.We were lucky enough to get front row and it was free cos we won tickets in a comp!

11. Van

Van

I've been to 3 concerts so far. Zaz, Lady Gaga, Chambao. I'm seeing Anastacia in april, pretty excited. :slight_smile:

12. Gallatin

Best concert I've been to was The Eagles a few years back. All these years later, they've still got it. Elton John was great, too. And REO Speedwagon/Styx/Night Ranger was just plain fun.

13. Acm

Acm Guest

I've seen Wilco, Beastie Boys, Arcade Fire, Flight of the Conchords, and Paul McCartney. I'd love to go to more concerts but there's none where I live so it's really expensive to leave town for one. The Paul McCartney concert was my favourite because I like The Beatles a lot and the surviving members of Nirvana played at the end.

14. Hemlock

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My first concert was Carnifex about a year ago. Being one of my favorite bands I couldn't believe it when they added my city to their bill, playing at a venue that was a five minute drive from my house. I got to stand front row right in front of one of the guitarists. There was no barricade and the stage was only around three feet tall, so I could have reached out and touched him. I headbanged like a maniac and screamed every lyric along with the vocalist. My neck was sore for a good week or two, but it's easily one of my fondest memories.

15. blackhatguy

I saw Blue Man Group in Las Vegas when I was probably thirteen or so. I've been to another of theirs, two Trans Siberian Orchestra Christmas concerts, and Judas Priest's Redeemer of Souls tour this year. I love hearing the music so loud, loud enough your clothing is moved by it

16. MisterTinkles

Ive only been to one concert in my life, Olivia Newton John.

I just happen to find out AHEAD of time that she was in town and got a ticket.

For some reason, the DFW area is BAD about NOT advertising people coming to town until AFTER they have already gone!!!!!

Concerts I MISSED....

Donna Summer
    Culture Club
    The Eurythmics
    Blondie
    Cher
    Madonna
    Cyndi Lauper

Concerts I would LOVE to go too....

Armin Van Buurin
    Tiesto
    Oakenfold
    Benny Benassi
    ATB

17. RemakeJake

I LOVE Anastacia! :slight_smile: wish she'd do a show or two in her own country but absolutely no ones knows of her here. So odd.

18. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Normally I wouldn't have gone to this sorta event because I don't really listen to metal( I'm more into punk), but last year my mother invited me and my bro to go to knotfest with her. I must say that it was one of best events I've been to. Even though I was in the way back it was still really fun, though the front would probably have been more fun. And for some reason, in the back where I was, multiple fire pits were lit, and no-one extinguished them. Which was really cool. Because people were just moshing around them, myself included. I even got pushed into one of the fires, by accident, burning my leg in the process and this guy gives me a look, an 'are you okay?' Look, and I just look at him and the biggest grin spreads across my face, and then I proceeded to continue moshing. It was awesome. Thinking about going again this year if possible.

19. TheDapperCorvid

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The first concert I ever went to was back in September of last year during the Harvest Jazz and Blues festival, when my mom outright demanded me to see a concert with her (and I couldn't say no due to guilt-tripping). It wasn't a very big concert, though I did enjoy it. The band was an alt-rock/soul group from New Orleans called The Revivalists.

I would love to attend a concert for The Strokes, and I'm looking forward to Daft Punk's Alive 2017, if there is one.

20. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    First was Unison's Campaign for a Living Wage concert at Manchester Evening News Arena, in 2001 I think. Went mainly for the headliners Catatonia who were good, but Toploader, Idlewild, Wheatus and Dum Dums were also performing. From what I can remember it was a good evening aside from a few drunken idiots but thats always the way. I do remember that because the arena was very large, I witnessed some pretty impressive group mexican waves!