1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by CapQuestionmark, Mar 8, 2015.

1. CapQuestionmark

I see all of these threads about fandoms, and I was curious as too if there were any fans of Transformers out there.

Which universe?
    It can be anywhere from the First Generation, to the Michael Bay movies.

Which character(s)?
    This can be a tough question, but everyone's bound to have at least one!

Autobot or Decepticon?
    The age old question!

My preferences are:
    Transformers Prime (I think the best character designs and animation of all of the universes)
    Starscream, Bumblebee, Knockout, and Megatron (In that order)
    Decepticon, all the way, baby! ;D

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Transformers was something I was very, very casually into, growing up. I know a few names, and the basic lore, but that's about it. I was more into the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.

Which Universe?
    Probably the first or second-run of the animated series, as little as I saw of it. The Michael Bay films look cool, but they feel so empty.

Which Character?
    Megatron and Unicron, definitely, were the most interesting to me. And Starscream is probably the only other "unique" character, since he isn't really driven by anything, except his desire to replace Megatron. Considering how predictably bland a lot of 1980s children's media was, this makes him an exceptional stand out.

Autobot or Decepticon?
    Too many people want to be edgy and say 'Decepticon', but I won't let that sway the fact, I would probably align with the Decepticons. That, or be a middle party.

3. CapQuestionmark

That is very true. I would have been more into them if I was born in that generation, but my dad has been the one to really get me into that sort of thing.

That is also very true. I also feel like all of the Decepticons in his movies looked too similar, and all of the Autodots were really individualized.

Humm, I never thought of it that way! I mean Starscream is unique in that way, yes, but I never noticed that he really did stand out of the spectrum of 80's characters.

It's funny, because my original character for the Transformers fandom is a Neutral-- a peace ambassador to be exact. They're my first ambiguous/non-binary character, and I love them! Also, since they are an alien species, I get to play around with the fact that their customs are different and my character is accepted with open arms! ^.^
    Sorry, I just really excited when you said "middle party"..! :slight_smile:

4. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    To be honest I was so young when it was on I don't remember much. And like these 2 ^, I was more into Power Rangers and TMNT (and I'm currently rewatching both).

My favourite world was Beast Wars/Beasties: Transformers. Characters were Jetfire and Rattrap (voiced by the same guy btw: Scott McNeil, who is the VA god) and Cheetor. Party would be neutral or Decepticon/Predacons.

By the way, I'm pretty certain that, aside from MMPR, Scott McNeil was in every single one of my favourite childhood shows...

5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not much. I'll play some Transformers video games and have no idea what is going on. I played with some Transformers toys when I was young. Back when they seemed to be made of decent materials. I'm pretty sure G1 Soundwave was my first crush LOL. Well, as much as a kid can crush in some innocent way. I wanted to work for that guy. It took me a while to understand that the Decepticons were 'evil' but I thought Optimus Prime was too much of a bleeding heart.

6. Lazuri

Which universe?
    Transformers: Armada and G1 when it comes to the show. I also like the War for Cybertron trilogy of games.

Which character(s)?
    Optimus fuckmothering Prime. I can't even explain exactly why, he's just awesome to me.

Autobot or Decepticon?
    Autobots all the way. They seem to have more personality than their adversaries who can usually be summed up with "BLAAARGH! COMMIT EVIL! DESTROY AUTOBOTS!"

7. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    I had some Transformer toys from Mcdonalds happy meals that I thought were pretty cool and I saw it on television a few times, but that's about it. Like a couple of others above have said, it was more TMNT and Power Rangers for me.