1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fan art fans?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Quen, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Quen

Does anyone else here like to make/write/read/appreciate fan art for your favorite shows/movies/books/etc.? If so, what are you a fan of and how do you show your love?

Personally, I've made fan art for Star Trek, several anime, and at least one Disney movie, and I have many more things planned out. I make Thai string dolls of characters and I recently learned how to crochet in order to make amigurumi of my favorite characters. I'm also quite fond of going to Deviantart and appreciating the drawings of those who are better at drawing than I am (which is mostly everyone).

2. randomly me

randomly me Guest

i make fan art when people ask me to it's a good practise for one drawing a character that has to be recognizable and two draw something someone else likes.

3. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I like looking through fan art, especially of couples that I ship. I also like looking at cosplays from my favorite animes.

I've really only made one (official) fan art, and it was this. It's not really that good, but I'm still practicing and trying to get better. I found out I'm actually not that bad at sketch drawing. It's actually making a pixelated version that throws me off.
    http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2015/032/a/b/mikoto_suoh_by_skarosgreek-d8g9uym.png

4. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I like to draw pictures of Japanese rock stars. If that counts. I've done shipping fanart too, particularly of Izam and Aoi from Shazna.

5. Quen

That's not bad at all! :eusa_clap

6. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  7. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love fan art. My favorite kind is ceiling fan art

[​IMG]

8. Quen

9. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Love fan art. I've done some fan art of Cowboy Bebop and one from the Stargate franchise. I also love aviation art, World War II specifically, and art from the Age of Sail (17th to early 19th centuries).

10. Monokrome

Oh heek yes! I love fan art, at times it's the one thing to motivate me to get practicing. I've done stuff (I average on one due to depression once I see the finished product but whatevs) for Gravity Falls, Welcome to Hell, I Dream of Jeannie, Adventure Time- more precisely Bubbline because oh yas, The Little Merman, Naruto, One Piece an~d... that's about it, unless you count accidentally making a Jeff the Killer look a-like once?
    My Little Merman one is fairly old and pretty horribe, my Naruto and One Piece stuff is either shoved in with my REALLY old drawings or tossed, and my Bubbline is pre-graphics pad- just like the others in this mini list. My drawing kind of one upped once I got my graphics pad, so stuff after that tends to look pretty good- or at least decent, while the stuff before is like nu.

11. CrazyAwkward

I have no artistic talent myself, but I love looking at fan art and appreciating other people's talent. I mostly look at fan art of couples I ship from various video games, anime and other tv shows, or just certain characters I really like. Lately I've been browsing through some Attack on Titan stuff.