1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Judas Priest's "Love Bites": Vampires or something else?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by blackhatguy, Mar 27, 2015.

1. blackhatguy

It's a bit unusual, but my father and I have fairly similar tastes in music. Though he tends to go more for the classic style and bands, and I'm more into 90s bands, we both like Judas Priest. Saw Redeemer of Souls together.

Anyway, one of my favorite songs by them is Love Bites. I say it's about vampires, and the stageshow seems to support this. My dad thinks it's something different. He won't say specifically but I know he thinks it's sexual.

So, vampires, or creepy rapist/serial killer/cannibal? Or vampire rapists?

2. guitar

Not sure to be honest. He might be thinking about Jawbreaker, which is about something sexual.

3. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hehe i'd say both, take it how you want it. that's a great thing about music =P

i can see why he takes it more of a sexual song, and of course all the more references that has vampire written all over it. most of the songs on that album seems to be sexual in some ways. my favorites would be Stained Class, Screaming for Vengeance and British Steel

4. guitar

There are a number of lyrics across priest's first 7-8 albums or so which make a lot more sense when you realize Halford's gay.

5. Porphyrogenitus

Defenders of the Faith (the album) is probably the worst offender in terms of sexual content. I still remember the first time I paid attention to the lyrics of 'Eat Me Alive' - there's really no way you can interpret that song as meaning anything else :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. blackhatguy

Seriously. Some of the others leave a little room for doubt, but that?

---------- Post added 28th Mar 2015 at 10:20 AM ----------

Which is just one more reason to like his music, in my opionion