1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Georgie Girl Documentary

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Mirko, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went to see the documentary Georgie Girl yesterday. It is a really good movie about Georgina Beyer, a Maori transsexual who by just being who she is broke down a host of social barriers in New Zealand. She left her past as a show girl behind and got involved in local and national politics. She was elected as the first transsexual Member of Parliament in New Zealand and in the world. She served three terms and increased her share of the vote during each election. It is an awesome documentary and quite inspiring as well.

If you are interested in reading more about her this is her personal website: http://www.georginabeyer.com/

2. Halo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Georgie Gril is one of the best documentaries I've seen and I do recommond people watch it. It is inspiring and courageous...I am so proud of her and she definetly has my vote...

thanks for posting the website as well Asteriod, I was checking it out and it's great...