1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Voice UK 2015 - Lucy?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by 741852963, Apr 5, 2015.

1. 741852963

I don't normally watch talent shows but flicked on for The Voice final last night. I wasn't that impressed with the winner guy (good enough voice, but not much personality), but the runner up though! Wow, what a voice! Hopefully she'll make it onto the stage with that talent:

[YOUTUBE]CA4SCxcmblE[/YOUTUBE]

And her audition is stunning too:

[YOUTUBE]Y2GrqnahTdA[/YOUTUBE]

What I did find interesting though is how both singers sang the same Adam Levine song yet they sounded like completely different songs, the former very musical-esque, the latter more drunken Simply Red kareoke (in the best possible way!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vluPHmf8Aag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsN4gHIWCbg

2. Ryu

Ryu

I've been watchig the voice and I was so pissed off thag the other guy won instead of Lucy. She has a great voice and the other guy is just so bland! Dosen't help that I hate that 'Stars' song that they did, so of course the unrecognisable one is preferable... Still! She should of won!

3. 741852963

My thoughts exactly.

I can't say I normally like opera/classical but I would have bought her album in an instant as her voice is just hypnotic.

The guy who won though just seems a bit generic - his cover of Adam Levine's song sounds exactly like the original. I think he is probably going to fade into obscurity like the other Voice winners because he just doesn't have "that" unique sound or image. I think his only hope would be slipping into a band as a lead singer - that would suit him better. Lucy on the otherhand could have probably had a bit more success, even if her chosen genre isn't quite as popular today.

I just hope she gets picked up by a talent scout though - I'd reckon she was made for opera or the West end, plus I think she has a good image and stage presence which would help.

4. Hiems

I liked Lucy but I kinda wished she went out of her comfort zone a bit more. She sang mostly opera, and it wasn't until near the finals that she did other songs with a opera twist. I would liked to see her experiment more, but otherwise yes I do like her :slight_smile:

Just a tiny side note... how on earth did Sheena McHugh not make it to the finals? I was so frustrated when she got eliminated :frowning2:

5. 741852963

I think with a voice as strong and well honed as that she could have gotten away with any genre, but I think power ballards would have worked particularly well.

I didn't watch the series but just had a look. She is good but I don't think shes necessarily recording artist good - she sounds a bit like Britney Spears so I think she would have need to rely upon her image a bit to get on. Mind you I think she would do quite well lending her vocals to European dance style tracks.

Having a quick gander at the contestants I really like Karis Thomas (her vocals are a bit unpolished but she has a rather unique character!) and Sharon Murphy.

Speaking of the Voice though, I did love this contestant last year:

[YOUTUBE]0iCx6snENns[/YOUTUBE]

6. Hiems

To me, she doesn't really sound like Britney. Also, I'm pretty sure her singing capability exceed that of Britney. She got robbed :frowning2: Feels like Christina Marie all over again.

I would have like to seen her in the finale instead of Emmanuel. Don't get me wrong though because I really like him but Sheena is just amazing. Take a look at this:
    [YOUTUBE]kYN_KrHkll0[/YOUTUBE]