1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Side Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BeautifulStranger, Nov 21, 2008.

1. BeautifulStranger

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX8VVljroIU[/YOUTUBE]

I'm missing this musical right now...
    My high school is performing it right now...

It's a beautiful, albeit different, story about two girls and their search for love. The twist is they're Siamese twins. Hence the name 'Side Show'.

Even more wonderful is that the musical is based off of the original Hilton sisters. Not Paris and Nicole, but Daisy and Violet Hilton. They were gigantic stars on the Vaudeville Circuit during the 1920's. They even made an appearance in the 1932 movie 'Freaks'.

This number, titled 'I will never leave you', is the finale. It occurs after, unfortunately, their men leave them.

2. Amy

Amy

That sounds amazing. I love musical that take place in a defferent time. I love musicals that take place in another culture.... Damn, I just love musicals.

3. RENThead

i love side show...
    fav song is come look at the freaks... its beautiful. (musically, the lyrics are not)
    i especially love the line 'who will be part of my circus' from who will love me as i am.

i actally sang happy birthday to freinds of mine (they are twins) the sideshow version