1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Larry Myster, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Larry Myster

The best online game yet of the year!

The Lich King got out and everyone is getting a Death Knight right when they reach level 55. Blizzared Entertainement did it again with their amazing graphcs and designs!

Now that players can reach to a even higher level (80),cyou can explore the new land of Northrend! The Lich King brought many in-active players online with exciteing new patches and updates.

Even though, personealy, I can't play it anymore, the game has brought many smiles to customers of the game. new powers and mounts available all over it now. The player count reach sicne the third expantion came out of over 20 million players and counting. Almost every old server is cralwed with new and old players, so it my take like an hour to get on (deppending in the queue wait.)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXeyYdGoLCU[/YOUTUBE]

#1 Larry Myster, Nov 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2008
  2. Larry Myster

3. trikuriboh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    what's with this game anyways? I mean no offense and all just wondering y everyone seems to like it

4. Apocalypte

It's one of the most addictive games known to humanity... I played for 2 years and got rather sucked in (I was an endgame raider, I quit the week my guild killed Illidan). I do regret how much time I spent on it, but I can't change the past.

(70 human paladin/70 draenei priest - Retired 11 July 2008)

5. Larry Myster

Its the best game ever! I was so addicted to it I skipped school to play it.

6. trikuriboh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Really? So what's an endgame raider and Illdian? I mean I liked the old warcraft games well the second one till our CD broke. I mean if I knew at least a bit about it I can decide if I'd like to try it out.

7. Kid Quasar

Endgame raider, peopel who play for the sole purpose of completing hard highlevel instances.

Illidan is a corrupted Druid who resides in Black Temple, he is an endgame boss.

8. trikuriboh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I see, I was talking this girl in one of my classes and she said she took down a god level thing in the game. Is that good?

9. Kid Quasar

Hmm =/ I suppose she means she took down something with a level '??' Which means it's a raid boss, so yea, as long as she got some good loot out of it. Unless she was just helping to take it down.

10. Larry Myster

I really want to get on it and play again :frowning2:

I have a level:
    62=Paladin Drainei
    35=Warlock Human
    22=Hunter Dwarf
    22=Mage Blood Elf

I miss my charactors badly...

11. trikuriboh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well y can't u play anymore?

12. Larry Myster

Well, my parrents got pissed at me for mssing school to a video game and decided to shut me off. So yeah. But I'll be on again... once I get a job that is!

13. Larry Myster

But.. unemplyment in my area is really bad!

14. Steam Giant

I used to play, but I've quit. I find myself holding a significant grudge against both Bliz and WoW. I have my reasons, but they're not for this thread - that would be trolling. Instead, I will simply indicate that I've been severely displeased with the game and the way things have been going in its development, and have switched back to playing Guild Wars full-time.

MMO addiction is a very dangerous thing. I wrote an article on it in Full Spectrum Magazine's second issue, I believe. I highly recommend that you read it, if you have any desire to play WoW in the future. When you start skipping school or calling in sick to work in order to play a game, that's when you really have to examine your habits and ask yourself if a game is worth damaging your life over.

15. Micah

Dont do it. It's addictive. Like crack.

>.<

16. JT

JT

ugh
    It's a disgusting addiction
    72 warlock
    70 mage
    70 pala
    62 priest

Thank god I only play probably 5 hrs a week now

17. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

It is an addiction, but you can overcome it. I did. I still play, for fun, but I keep it in perspective with everything else.
    72 druid
    44 shaman
    Yeah, I can't seem to level an alt aside from my druid.

18. Steam Giant

It's great to see so many people moving on from their addictions to WoW ^^ When I first became fed up with the game, most of the people I knew to be addicts were still in full denial. I think a lot of people are waking up now, which is just great.

In case it needs to be said, while I dislike WoW for non-addiction-related reasons, that's my own opinion - it's a fun game for a lot of people, and if you enjoy it, you should play it ^^ My concerns are purely addiction-related, I don't want to give the impression of driving others off from playing the game.

Oh, and the article I wrote on MMO addiction was published in issue 3 of Full Spectrum Magazine, not issue 2, for those who may be interested.

19. Defender

Defender Guest

I've been playing it for a while, and I do enjoy it to some extent. My brothers play it too, which can make for some fun. My youngest one raided before LK and was doing Sunwell etc. but reckons he isn't addicted *lol*. I'm more of a solo/small group player, so I just do my own thing.

I have been playing it a lot since the release of LK (77 Tauren Druid :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ), but I'm sure that it will start to slow down now - I am buying some clay stuff so I can try some clay modeling, so that should pull me away haha.

-Tez

20. Henrike

I quit shortly after the first expansion. After playing since release, the Burning Crusade just killed it for me. =x