1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merlin (UK TV series)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ogniredol, Nov 23, 2008.

1. ogniredol

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wondered if anyone else had seen this show and thought as well that it was kind of a metaphor for homosexuality.

Basically Merlin is a young magician who leaves his village where he doesn't fit in and goes to the big city of Camelot. A few people know he's a magician but he can't tell everyone because magic is banned in Camelot and magicians are put to death. The King would have him killed even though he had previously saved his son's life. Merlin is the servant and friend of Prince Arthur but they hide their true feelings by pretending not to get on.

It's a very good series BTW which is really enjoyable despite being a bit cheesy. For people in North America you can watch it on BBC iplayer.

2. pirateninja

Just a note, BBC iPlayer doesn't work in America, we dicovered that when John Barrowman's show was on.

As for Merlin, I love it :grin: We watch it here all the time; Anthony Head makes an awesome king. We watched the mini-special on Children in Need and when he said "Donate money, or I'll chop off your head" in just such a cool demeanour, we all just laughed our asses off, and still quote it regularly.

3. -Michael-

OH MY LIFE I FUCKING LOVE MERLIN.

And I know where you're coming from.
    I've thought many times how much it can relate to sexuality.

No-one can know your secret.
    They'll judge you, treat you differently.
    You'll become an outcast.

I FECKING LOVE MERLIN.
    He is cute.
    Arthur is fit.
    And Lancelot was a babe.

:slight_smile:

4. JWAD

JWAD Guest

I Love Merlin!!!:icon_bigg

I hadn't looked at a metaphor or anything but now that you mention it I totally see what you mean. I have to admit I only looked as deep into the progrom as thinking how amazingly cute Arthur was lol:icon_redf

5. Trystan

Oh yh der it's real obvious... Don't know why i didn't notice lol

Arthur is pretty cute, but i like Merlin too... He's nice :slight_smile:

Who knows, the metaphor-ness might help people overcome some of their related struggles...?