1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cell Phones

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by jbb1236, Nov 23, 2008.

1. jbb1236

So Friday I got the new Blackberry Storm, and it's awesome. I was just wondering if anyone else got it and if so what they think of it. Also, I'm hearing a lot of speculation that this is supposed to be "an iPhone killer" any thoughts on that, those that may have had the opportunity to have both.

2. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Storm not having Wi-Fi sorta put it off the list of possible new phones for me. xD
    I reckon though it's a great phone, but is most definitely not an iPhone "killer" as it's more business-centred than media centred.

Still, when it lands in Australia I wouldn't mind checking one out.

3. LostBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I got the G1 (tmobiles answer to the iPhone)
    Although I like the keyboard I prefer the iPhone
    The touchscreen is not nearly as reactive
    But I still really like it
    Hoping for an incredible software update that will solve all the bugs

4. Kimi

Not being offensive but.... good luck with that...:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I was hoping touchscreen phone with keyboard will come out and it did in Japan!!!!
    Now all I need to do is to save enough money to buy one...XD

5. Techcompu2

I want the Blackberry storm.
    my dad got a deal on getting four LG phones at once a few years ago and it canceled the NEW EVERY TWO on the four accounts he upgraded with those four phones-my mom's, my grandfather's, one of his friend's, and that friend's mom's. the friend and her mom,they have different accounts now but I got the friend's mom's phone but a new number, a different friend got the old number.

so me,my mom, my grandfather, and a friend of my dad's all do not have the new every two deal. we would all be ready to have the $100 off thing by now, but we don't. my dad is getting ready to get a new phone for himself. my sister got a cell phone recently and so she has the new every two thing. I wish that we still had it on the four accounts mentioned earlier.

sorry if that was too confusing for anyone to follow

6. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heh.. I love Japanese superphones. I wish that Australia had the same network types as Japan so I could import me some crazy Japanese phone!
    So don't complain. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Level N Human

I don't understand the hooplah about fancy phones; I only use mine to err.. call people.

:slight_smile: Maybe I am just behind my times.

8. BeautifulStranger

I have the LG Shine... and it's wonderful
    I was the first person in Alpena to buy it, and as far as I know, I'm the only person who still owns it.

People returned it ASAP because of things like the giant screen is easily scratched. Plus, the first batch of Shines that came out were really glitchy, but mine is perfectly fine. And it's wine red... my favorite color.

9. Lychee

I have a sony ericsson W910i. It's the shake phone if anyone's seen the ads. Its not a very good phone, freezes every now and then.
    I'm not sure what phone I'll get next... either a sony ericsson or iPhone or some other cool touch screen phone :grin:
    But at the moment I'm saving up. I want like 2-3 thousand dollars within two years

10. hoping

I have the samsung U700 and im about to throw it out the window, for the past 2 days i havent gotten messages of people for ages after they have sent them, i mean today a mate of mine sent me 1 and i got it 2 hours later and when i replied he never got it,.
    Technolgy hates me:tears:

11. EM68

I am the Samsung Gleam. I don't like it too much the battery life is short and the reception in my condo is bad. I have the new every 2 but I have to wait until May. I might have to get a new one earlier because I need it for work. I want to get the LG Dare. I have had good luck with LG.

12. buriedinhw7

I have an LG enV, I love my keyboard because I can be a textwhore... haha. I have an iPod touch and I'm not a big fan of the touch keyboard.

My friend has the Dare, he likes it a lot.

The only qualm I have with LG's are the shoddy chargeports. I had the Chocolate a year ago and the chargeport got loose and once it actually broke clean off -_-; I like motorola chargeports. Give it to LG and I'd have a perfect phone manufacturer? haha

13. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What network are you on? The Optus/Voda network is EXTREMELY overclogged and messages/calls are horribly delayed, can't connect, etc.

14. jbb1236

OK, so after having the BlackBerry Storm for a week, IT'S AWESOME. There are some minor glitches like sometimes I have trouble getting the screen to switch to or from the portrait view. And there was a minor problem with the screen, but taking out the battery fixed that, and haven't had a problem since. But I love it, I love being able to get on the internet anywhere I can get a cell phone signal, has an awesome media player, and the GPS rocks my socks, I think I'm just gonna uninstall VZNavigator one I have to pay for it, and it's slow compared to the GPS on my phone already.