1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kind of music would you like to hear?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by UniversalLover, May 1, 2015.

1. UniversalLover

I mean, I am a musician. I am trying to make new music, but I am currently having a hard time writing.

I figure since I am pansexual, I can work that into my music and support the LGBT community.

But I'd like to hear what kind of music you'd like to hear?

Or at least what topics you'd like to hear a song written about?

Any suggestions will be greatly helpful, got writer's block.

My old music is mostly depressing, because I was depressed, but I want to either be inspiring or straight up give a voice to people who have previously went unheard.

Let me know.

2. tulipinacup

Is there a way you could share your music so I would have an idea on your musical style?

3. UniversalLover

I would, but I don't know if embedding a video from my YouTube channel would be within the rules, since the big yellow banner at the top tells me not to share contact info.

4. tulipinacup

I mean I don't think you're sharing contact info if you are just linking your own music? But I'm not sure myself.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The video, if it is on an account, is still "exchanging" information. I mean, what's to stop someone from getting on their YouTube account, after seeing the video's owner's user name, and contacting them? It's an indirect way of exchanging information.

However, you could re-upload the video to something else, and then share it like that. Provided the video itself doesn't have contact information displayed on it, within the video. There's a few sites that will allow you to do this, and don't leave any contact traces.

6. MisterTinkles

Since I discovered ambient music years ago.............I have pretty much listened to every kind of ambient music there is, and still do.

7. Justinian20

I would say do a genre that you enjoy personally. So say if you like Punk Rock or Heavy Metal, do those genres as firstly you enjoy them. And honestly if I created like Christian based music, I wouldn't like it, since I don't enjoy the genre. So first of all when creating music, go for the music types that you like. I could give you an idea of what to write about as I write lyrics(original lyrics). I would say if you were looking for a sort of uplifting style of lyrical writing, you could write about being free. Free to express yourself. If you are an instrumental musician, you could incorporate that feeling into your music.

8. candyjiru

I love grunge, hard rock, rap, nu metal...~ but really it would depend on what you enjoy~ There are too many stories of famous musicians who hate their big hit and wish they never had to play it again...

9. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good music, let's leave at that

10. UniversalLover

When I make some new, true to my true self music, I will share it here, but I will upload it somewhere that doesn't count as sharing contact information. It'll just be the song. I am not going to try to fit into a specific genre, I am just going to let my music flow from my true self. I am going to express my honest self through music, we'll see what happens.