1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So...Anime...and Manga...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by KrazyKav, May 7, 2015.

1. KrazyKav

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I watch quite a few different anime series but since I was sort of in the closet for so long I steered away from yaoi ones. One Manga that I have been reading on the sly is Elektel Delusion... Its really good! :icon_bigg
    So if anyone has any that they could suggest it would be welcome to suggestions, if you could provide a slight description then I would be grateful but not completely necessary :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ... plz no hentai! :3

---------- Post added 7th May 2015 at 02:20 PM ----------

May have to stop reading Elektel Delusion actually xD*

2. Jellal

The best anime I've ever seen is Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. It's a story about two brothers who tried to bring their mom back from the dead and had their bodies maimed by their failed attempt to recreate their mom using alchemy. The two of them go on a search for the legendary philosopher's stone hoping they can use its power to "get their bodies back." You may want to watch some other series before this one because after you finish it there is a good chance you won't think any other anime or manga series is nearly as good ... I'm serious, this one's on another level.

As for manga, the best manga I've read is still One Piece. The quest of one rubberman to reach the end of the most dangerous ocean in the world and claim the treasure of "One Piece," becoming the Pirate King. Yes, the story is long, really long. But it's literally the adventure of a lifetime wrapped up in the pages of a manga. I can confirm that out of the major long running series One Piece is the best written. It's got the most compelling world in contemporary shonen, with a complex backstory that takes volumes to tell—don't get turned off by the simplistic beginnings and early artwork. This is worldbuilding at its finest, and most importantly it's one hell of a fun, imaginative ride.

In anime and manga these are my top two recommendations. A fair bit of warning: do not watch the anime of One Piece. The pacing is awful, and at a certain point I couldn't even watch it anymore. The manga of Fullmetal Alchemist is still good, but I think the best thing to do is watch the anime Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

3. Fandom obsessed

Gravitation is the number one yaoi that will always have a place in my heart.

4. Jellal

lol if this thread was distinctly about yaoi, then I take back both my recommendations

5. KrazyKav

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It...kind of was XD but no woriess :icon_bigg ... about those suggestions...I do already watch One Piece and have started watching Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. I do understand how bad One Piece gets sometimes but I still love it so much XD

6. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

YES ITS SUPER AWESOME ANIME IS GREAT AND SEXY SO IS MANGA

I just finished watching all of Jojo's Bizare Adventure! 2012 at a fast pace and I've gotta say it's really kick-started my appetite for anime and that's been dormant for a few years now. Now I'm watching Steins;Gate which is an anime I've meant to watch forever and I'm only 5 eps in but so far it's compelling. Damnit I have to catch up on Durarara!! season 2 while I'm at it and I guess I'll have to endure that repulsive piece of trash Fate/Stay Night even though I don't want to do that to myself again. The last yaoi anime I watched was Dramatical Murder which is solid but softcore so If you're like me and rarely look at yaoi for the plot I may or may not recommend it

so much to watch so little time, anime is great, everything is great~ ♫

7. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was wondering about DRAMAtical Murder. I may have to look that up...

FAKE is my favourite. It's pretty much above the waist aside from the last book, but it's still pretty softcore. It's more of a love story than fanservice. It's about detectives in New York, they work homocide together. So, it's got more gore than sex, but it's a really good story! (Note: they made a movie, but it's only based on the 2nd book so read the manga.)

Tokyo Babylon. Tokyo Babylon has no sex, I can't even remember if there's more than a couple of kisses. It's a little shouta (16yo and 24yo) but mostly it's a supernatural story. If you do read it (again, no anime) I highly highly highly highly recommend watching X/1999. X isn't shonen-ai/yaoi really but it's the "sequel" to Tokyo Babylon. (It's confusing but the main characters of TB are in X, but aren't the main characters, but they have their moments. AND THEIR- *spoilers*)

Um Sekaiichi Hatsukoi was good, but incomplete unfortunately.

8. star trek

As for my tastes in anime, I go for longer ones, shounen, action, comedy, good characters. With little to no romance.
    Hunter x Hunter, Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Zatch Bell, Shaman King, ones like those.

Yaoi/Shounen-ai:
    Junjou Romantica, Love Stage!! They're funny and cute.

2 seasons and the third coming out this year:
    Junjou Romantica: Three very different couples caught up in a storm of pure romance!

Romantica: Misaki is struggling to prepare for his college entrance exams, so his brother arranges for a private tutor. But Misaki's nightmare is just beginning when his tutor, Usami, comes on to him! How will Misaki ever manage to pass his exam? And why does he feel so mysteriously drawn to Usami?

Egoist: Just when Kamijou's life is at its lowest, he has a chance meeting with a man who never lets anything hold him back: Nowaki. His name means "typhoon," and he's about to take Kamijou on a whirlwind ride that will turn everything upside-down.

Terrorist: Miyagi always seems to shrug off the cares of the world with a joke and a smile, but even he has problems, although he doesn't let them show. Foremost is Shinobu, a relentless young man who's adamant that they're destined to be together.

Only 10 eps, sadly:
    Love Stage!!: Daydreamer Izumi Sena is the black sheep of his family. With a model for a mother, a singer for a father, and a brother who fronts one of the most popular bands around, you'd think Izumi would be destined for stardom. Despite being born into a family of stars, Izumi has no desire to be in the spotlight, and his only dream is to become a world-class manga artist. But in an unexpected turn of events, Izumi finds himself not only pulled onto the set of a commercial, but forced to dress as a girl! In case the situation wasn't awkward enough, Izumi stumbles into his costar, the handsome Ryoma Ichijo, and it's love at first sight. Or, at least it is for Ryoma, who is so convinced by Izumi's costume, that when the shoot is over, he makes it his life mission to track down the "actress" that sets his heart aflutter. But when Ryoma discovers Izumi's secret, will it be sparks that fly or fists? And will Izumi be able to avoid his destiny as a superstar, or will he be sucked into the same fame-filled life as the rest of his family?

#8 star trek, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
  9. Spacesword

I've watched a lot of anime, though most recently I've been getting into Yaoi and Yuri.

10. Ryu

Ryu

I'm reading through the Tokyo Ghoul manga at the moment so I'm not really watching anything other than Arslan Senki and the new series of Gintama (oh my god lol episode 270) but I have a load of stuff I'm gonna watch because I had a really libg conversation with a friend about what I should watch... I feel like putting the list here now...

D gray man
    When they cry
    Blue exorcist
    Kill la kill
    Akame ga kill
    Devil may cry
    Hellsing ultimate
    Berserk films
    Psychopass
    Fairy tale
    Finish deathnote
    Aldnoah.zero
    Ixion saga DT
    Tsubassa
    Xholic
    Ghost hunt
    Shounen omioujia
    Natsume yuuijinchou

Tada! My faviroutes though are Kuroshitsuji, Durarara!!, Gintama and Tokyo Ghoul. All brilliant.

#10 Ryu, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015