1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music maybe?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MurderMystery, May 7, 2015.

1. MurderMystery

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    *whiny voice* I need new music because I'm bored with my stuff right now and I'm really into anything and love most genres so everything's cool and welcomed honestly.

Also, quick question, what types of music do you prefer? Any cool intricate Music I should be aware of?

ALso, do you play any, and I mean any, types of instruments? I'm generally intrigued with instruments and their workings and why people chose to play them or what inspired or got them into it!:icon_bigg

2. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Here's some music worth listen to...
    McDahmers - Macabre I love death metal...
    [YOUTUBE]EFVt4F2QCWM[/YOUTUBE]

Also, the underrated Patrick Cowley and his extremely underrated Gay anthem, Menergy...
    [YOUTUBE]Lne4izAcT5w[/YOUTUBE]

3. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I often prefer classical music and I play piano/keyboards, though I'm nothing special. But I find that's not usually the type of music people want lol.

Here's a song I like that's so obscure it only has 68 views on YouTube:

[youtube]GHY0HHBIdqI[/youtube]

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Over the past half year or so, I have grown to really like Fall Out Boy, The Cab, and Sam Smith.

5. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't play an instrument (sorry). I did used to play a violin a decade ago and I have a didgeridoo at home I sometimes annoy people with though.

Well, lets see, I like prog-rock/jazz-fusion, instrumental kinds of music such as Shakti, Anglagard and Mahavishnu Orchestra. Also I'm quite fond of Pain Of Salvation, Ayreon, Opeth, Edge Of Sanity, so prog (/death) metal which often involves concept albums, as well as some other artists like some of King Crimson, Keane, David Gray (last two being quite poppy/folky).

So for intricate music I'd probably go for Mahavishnu Orchestra for a fast-paced, jazz-influenced kind of music, and Anglagard for a very atmospheric dark, brooding folk sound.

For interesting lyrics I prefer Pain Of Salvation (especially their first two albums), for pure epic, all-out music definitely Crimson by Edge Of Sanity.

6. Justinian20

I would say on.google, search obscure music genres and have a listen to a couple of artists from those genres by doing a search of the genre. I got into Spacesynth music in exactly this way. So just do that and you might find some great obscure music. I know of Schranz, chiptune, cybergrind, pirate metal, wizard rock, glitch, and a couple more I don't know off the top of my head

7. nohalos

I've recently rekindled my love for Snow Patrol. I'd suggest you check their music out. The songwriting is just beautiful, usually.

[YOUTUBE]vW1hv37imjw[/YOUTUBE]

I'm an R&B kinda guy and I really like smooth music, such as Jazz. I do like Rock to some extent, but not Metal. I do listen to a lot of music. Chillwave is a pretty cool subgenre. It's very chill, very ethereal... You should check it out,

Also, the only instrument I play is my voice. I really want to pursue getting a voice coach as I want to become a technically brilliant singer. I've grown loving to sing, hell, I'd call it performing. I remember my performing roots when I was 4/5 years old. I performed "Oops I Did It Again" by Britney Spears, complete with choreography and a headset mic.

8. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I mostly listen to a German band called Die Ärzte. Sometimes I listen to other German bands that sing in German, and now and then I listen to music in English.

I'm not actually German, I just love Die Ärzte a lot so I'm learning German so I can understand more of their lyrics.

It's kind of hard to recommend them though to be honest because while I like their sound fine what's really special about them, for me at least, is the lyrics and their personalities.

Sorry, I can't shut up about them. I'm like a teenager over these guys, it's sad.

I have occasionally tried to play musical instruments but the truth is I am just not talented in that area.

9. AAASAS

I listen to music that is generally lyric free, so it can be enjoyed by anyone, I feel lyrics can ruin a song; because if they're poorly written or stereotypical I can't listen to it.

I'll suggest a lot of artists that aren't typical, or popular, and it's not going to be music that people can honestly say they hate, it's all just basic relaxing music that most people I show enjoy themselves; unlike Metal, Classical, Jazz...etc that usually is only appreciated by a few people.

La Fine Equipe - a group from Paris, they use Mo-Townish samples, and make basically chopped up trip hop, but it's awesome music. La Boulangerie; all of their albums, are really good listens

[youtube]8__T_TUtnpI[/youtube]

Odesza - American electro; not typical electro at all, group from Seattle. They're just amazing, their songs are fucking beautiful . They use a lot of asian vocal samples, and I love them

[youtube]gyiKO8obZ9s[/youtube]

Esbe - Another american producer, of trip-hopish music, uses very nice vocal samples, and just has an overall relaxing vibe. If you don't like this song, haha then you got a rotten soul; haha joking. If I ever have kids, this is going to be their bedtime song.

[youtube]-DgsNqtYg-Y[/youtube]

Nujabes - Japanese Producer; died a couple years back, one of the greatest musical writers and producers of our time, just fucking beautiful stuff. I actually am floored that he isn't famous, and was generally upset when he died.

[youtube]kXzmAvVMz80[/youtube]

Glen Porter- Rock/trip-hop, he is honestly one of the most talented writers alive today
    . Beautiful stuff, very depressing undertones.

[youtube]iV98MpubQIM[/youtube]

Gramatik - Slovenian-American producer, mainly uses samples but does a good job of recreating

[youtube]DOUGw0yLNp4[/youtube]

Prefuse 73 - One of the most influential, glitch/trip hop producers of the last decade, been listening to him forever, have no idea if you'll like, but this is my favourite kind of music

[youtube]sF9v-z2EkeA[/youtube]

Degiheugi - French producer, just fucking unbelievably talented, this song should be massive, haha too bad Lady Gag is too busy sapping the intellects of young people.

[youtube]UBgTTBwRnqg[/youtube]

Mindpleasure and Friends - another French group, sorry world but it seems France and Japan know what they're doing more than the rest

[youtube]im1d3yYtzSc[/youtube]

Fakear - More from France, he has a very unique sound, and loves to sample Asian songs, and to be frank, I get tired of hearing Western style of music.

[youtube]nADuL5kyewk[/youtube]

I got a shit ton of others, I just tried to suggest what is more friendly to the general public.

10. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These ain't exactly underground bands but there ones I could listen to all day.

[YOUTUBE]6k8es2BNloE[/YOUTUBE]
    The Black Keys

[YOUTUBE]uQKjI6395iU[/YOUTUBE]
    The Vaccines

[YOUTUBE]nHfErJTgkw8[/YOUTUBE]
    The Frattelis

[YOUTUBE]BsP-MjIueL4[/YOUTUBE]
    Mumford and Sons

[YOUTUBE]LQMuorfB2k0[/YOUTUBE]
    Gerard Way

11. candyjiru

Hmm, I like things kind of all over the place, but here are some artists you may not have heard of ^.^ (instead of the obligatory Radiohead, Soundgarden, PatD!, and so on XD)

I love Keren Ann and she has music in English and French~ (soft and beautiful)

[YOUTUBE]puQMRrNzqAU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]nuc9jU4NuI8[/YOUTUBE]

I also love Mirah~ (upbeat and funky)

[YOUTUBE]v=wmr8HwiIX2E[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]oBWKXvrGdk0[/YOUTUBE]

And Keren Ann's side project, Lady and Bird (experimental and "artsy" XD)

[YOUTUBE]jYIuc2Oiqmk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]GsTMAh4DChY[/YOUTUBE]

And for some lesser known grunge, Days of the New <3

[YOUTUBE]rQ8RWtMNglo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]H7bOGDhe1Ls[/YOUTUBE]