1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horror movies that make you uncomfortable

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BeautifulStranger, Nov 28, 2008.

1. BeautifulStranger

I absolutely adore horror movies. Ha! Adore is such a strange word to use there.

I can take infinite amounts of blood and guts, and I'm totally okay.
    Unless the movie does something to make me uncomfortable... Then I just want to shut it off and take a cold shower.
    Like Saw 4...

The part where the man throws the door open and it hits the pregnant woman's stomach at full-force was just too much. I shut the movie off, and to this day, I still don't know how Saw 4 ends.

Another one I saw, which I unfortunately finished, was called 'Dumplings'. It's directed by Fruit Chan and it comes from Hong-Kong.
    It's about a woman who wants to keep her youthful beauty. She goes to a woman (played by the fierce Bai Ling) who has discovered a way of making dumplings that will slow age's process to almost a standstill. You don't know what the ingredients are until a bit into the movie. Once I found out, I threw up.
    The dumplings are made from aborted babies.
    After that, the whole movie is one uncomfortable moment to the next. Like when she's chopping food for the dumplings... You never see any babies being cut up, but just knowing what goes into the food makes watching the knife on the cutting board an impossible thing to see.
    And believe it or not, it gets worse... The final scene of the movie (I saw the short film version... it's a different ending in the full-length version) is the customer sitting in her bathtub with a wire hanger, giving herself an abortion after she found out she was pregnant with a child she didn't want. The scene afterwards shows her sitting and eating more dumplings that are made from her child.

Probably the most uncomfortable a movie has ever made me...

2. tashyyy

i love horror films
    im just watching "dumplings" which you talked about
    its really sick +o(

3. BeautifulStranger

It's full proof that Asians make the best horror movies...

Another one I really liked, didn't make me uncomfortable, was called 'Cut'. Again, it was just a short film. It's from Korea.
    Sorta like 'Saw', only this one was a lot better.

4. Nugget

All of them. (Except maybe the really, really CRAPPY ones.)

I don't even have to watch the movie to lose sleep. I see 10 seconds of it and I'm done.

5. Hoppip

I didn't mind the Saw series too much, nor the Grudge or the the Ring.

But

The series "Final Destination" freaked me out because it made me feel like everything and anything could and would kill me in freakish, unavoidable ways. Just watching the scene "unravel" was horrifying. x_x

6. BeautifulStranger

Haha, I never thought about that... Actually, I have, but it's never stopped me from having fun.

Like the last time I was at an amusement park. My friend and I got on the roller coaster, I looked at her and grinned evily. She just said "Shut up Tyler! Don't say it!!"

7. Silence of the lambs

The Exorcist
    I watched that movie on a rainy night, when nobody was home, almost quit watching it.
    xD

But the one that bought the cake was:
    "I spit on your grave"
    I thought it was just a horror movie, so I rented it.
    No questions asked about my age or anything.

Halfway through the start of the movie.
    I saw the most terrible rape scene, it actually looked like they were filming the main actress being raped.
    I couldn't watch it, it was so bad.

I took the DVD out, threw it away, and never returned it to the store.
    Luckily, I repressed it all.
    =D

8. STK

STK Guest

I can handle ANYTHING in a movie.

Unless it's vomit/chewed up food/poop. There's one particular scene in Dead Alive that is really messed up. There's a zombie. She has a hole in her throat. She eats something. It falls through. I can't eat for hours.

And it wasn't even realistic! The rest of the movie is so poorly produced it's laughable. And guess who made it.

Peter Jackson. The same guy who directed the Lord of the Rings movies.

Oh and babies crying. Can't stomach that. The sound is like nails on a chalkboard only worse.

Other than that, throw me the most gory/violent/depraved stuff you can think of!

9. BeautifulStranger

Shit! That reminds me!

Have you heard of 'Snuff films'?
    They're Gore movies made to look like the person is being killed right on video.
    There's a Japanese one part of the Guinea Pig series (Again, more asians...). It's name has something to do with flowers or a bouquet or something.
    But I thought the actress was really being murdered.

Actually, when Charlie Sheen saw the movie, he contacted the FBI to investigate it.

It was so realistic.

10. STK

STK Guest

Yes I know of the movie you're talking about. Guinea Pig: Flowers of Flesh and Blood.

Anybody here ever seen Cannibal Holocaust?

11. Choucho

Texas Chainsaw Massacre. But it doesn't make me unconfortable because of the gore or anything, just because someone made money off of something incredibly horrible that happened to real people. That and the fact that the guy was never actually caught.

The Hills Have Eyes, and Wrong Turn were both freaky as hell to me. I'm generally not good with gore though, and so I could probably never watch the Saw series. -.-

12. aaaaaa

aaaaaa Guest

Most horror movies make me laugh-- I don't think the other people in the theatre appreciated it that much when I laughed through pretty much all of "The Strangers."

I think I find them funny just because most of them are so poorly directed and cliched.

13. BeautifulStranger

Actually, I own it
    I really like it... except for the fact that all of the animals they killed were real.

Actually, he was never caught because The Texas Chainsaw Massacre never actually happened. It came from a variety of sources.

The character Leatherface is based off of Ed Gein, a graverobber from Wisconsin, who was allegedly involved in things like necrophilia and cannibalism. He was caught, however. When polica raided his farm house they found the remains of 15 different women, parts of which had been made into an assortment of objects (including things like masks, purses and leggings), and a refrigerator full of human organs.
    The idea for the film came when the director spotted a chainsaw display in a crowded store. He toyed with the idea of taking a chainsaw, starting it up and clearing the people out of his way, so as to make navigating through the store easier.

So, while The Texas Chainsaw Massacre isn't based off true events, it's based off true ideas and a truly sick person.

You can read the entire article about it here:
    http://snopes.com/movies/films/chainsaw.asp

#13 BeautifulStranger, Nov 28, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  14. crimsonarcher

30 days of night was hard to watch the first time around, because i saw it in theatres with friends, but I was constantly scared by a few male friends. I watched it on DVD later when it came out, and It was soooooo much better!

The Blair Witch Project
    - it was creepy for me mostly because I saw it when I was like, 8, at night. I refuse to watch it alone!
    :frowning2:

-On the subject of horror, I got into Elfen Lied, an anime, in my freshmen year. It was a brutal show, with its soft parts and nice parts, but in the beginning, I was like WHAT?
    I loved it in the end, overall. I kinda went off-topic.

#14 crimsonarcher, Nov 28, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  15. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Bones crunching/snapping/breaking.

That is all.

16. Choucho

Mmkay. I had just heard some other places that the events were true. That will teach me to believe what I hear and not look into things myself, now won't it?

And the thing mentioned above with the real killing of animals. >.> There are just so many things wrong with that I can't even begin to explain.

17. ELFEN LIED!!

GOD THAT SHOW MADE ME CRY SO HARD.

That anime will always have a very special place in my heart (*hug*)

18. Derek the Wolf

All of the Saw movies.
    And actually not because of the gore.
    I don't care to explain why though.

19. Hoppip

It's all the dust and filth, isn't it? Someone needs to clean up Jigsaw's... place. It's FILTHY. Hmph.

20. Apocalypte

I can't watch 28 Days Later/28 Weeks Later. It's hard to explain, I just can't seem to handle the gore :frowning2:

I hate Final Destination too. I hate the fact that you're constantly waiting for someone to die in a new and gory way.