1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you watch Teen Titans Go!?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by CandyKing, May 15, 2015.

1. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I started watching this show and it is weird. It feels like some kind of where sexual fetish fan fiction geared towards children. So what are your thoughts and feelings on the series?

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I've seen bits and pieces, and if I go off that, it's just weird.

However, since actually watching a few episodes whole, it changes that perception. The episode where Raven gets everybody hooked on books is great, as is the episode where Beast Boy and Cyborg time travel to the future and learn everybody is a responsible adult, freak out, and go back in time to alter the past.

It's not a bad show. It just doesn't have that dramatic story arc the previous series did, and that is why many dislike it. Though admittedly, it has some really childish moments, but that can be chalked up to the demographic it's aimed at. Still, I can tell the actors are having fun, especially Robin's voice actor.

3. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Now I watched the original show when I was younger, and I seem to be in the minority that I don't mind this new show. I don't watch it regularly but what I have seen is pretty funny.

4. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well! Teen Titans is actually the show that first got me really interested in comics. For that, it holds a very special place in my heart. And so when I heard they were making another series, I was excited. And then Teen Titans Go happened.

TTG doesn't really bother me. I find it funny. It feels like the characters have been cheesed up a bit into their tropes, which I find pretty comical. The show lacks the heavy elements and plotlines of the original show, which is nice. They poke fun at their own faults in writing and whatnot, and is just generally a good time. There are definitely times when there is clear writing for the younger audience, but there are also laughs for older viewers thrown in. Overall, the show is inoffensive and fun.

Batman's official score: 7.5/10

5. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree I think that the show is not bad in it self, I just find it to be generic, I feel as though the show could had focused on any group of characters and would have still been the same. With that said I wish that they would had used new characters all together. Ultimately Teen Titans go is a sillier take on Teen Titans, which was already kind of silly and fun in itself, but balanced off with the with a dramatic story arch and character development. Teen Titans go as a parody of Teen Titans could have been better. I do think Teen Titans Go character designs are adorable, fun and cute. I like the pop culture references, and it do feel like material from a fan fiction.

---------- Post added 15th May 2015 at 11:02 PM ----------

I enjoyed both series.

6. MisterTinkles

I'm not a fan of the toddler like animation.

Some of the story lines are kind of weird.

7. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dont like it! They made Raven's father funny and not scary!

8. Hiems

Yeah I definitely agree with Kaiser! I miss the drama that came with the older series. Yes, the older series had some humor here and there, but far less than what Teen Titans Go has.

Haha, just talking about this brings back memories of me watching it, and playing the Teen Titans online fighting game on the Cartoon Network website.

9. PrettyPurple

I used to love Teen Titans so much, still do, but for me Teen Titans Go is just... terrible. I saw a few episodes, but they just made all the characters clowns and I tried to like it, but I just can't.

10. Moemoe

I think it's poorly written, poorly executed, and it's shoved in, bad morals are pretty jarring. It also has some pretty bad humor, and the characters are only half-dimensional.

11. Diferent Kind

Honestly, i think it was pretty awesome :slight_smile:
    It had humor, drama, original characters.
    I liked it.

12. PrettyPurple

Are you talking about Teen Titans or Teen Titans Go?

13. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was a super fan of the original show, so I haven't really warm up to the new show. TTG is okay, but I think it probably should have just been kept with just silly 5 minute clips, like they originally were doing with it.

I think the drama/action with comedy made the original show really good. They didn't need to change it, but TTG apparently is doing good, someones watching it. It is just not the same show in a lot of ways, which is why so many people may not like it.

Plus the original teen titans show had a comic book series called Teen titans Go! So it confuses me so much now there's a show call TTG.

14. guitar

I don't know the original show, but I've caught a few episodes of TTG and it's funny enough. For a kid's show, it's well above average.

15. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To be honest, I hate TTG. It is a horrible mockery of TT. All the characters are annoying and the humor is childish and stupid. If I really loved TT, I would hate it even more, but I was just a casual fan of the original series.